Default 2 link bar location same as birdcage theory?

Running a 2/3 link modified. A lot of new cars run this rear centerpull design. Makes good traction. Have seen some crazy bar mount brackets these days. How do moving a bar down or up or center on a fixed bracket effect forces on a modified. This post is only here because this is the only thread looked at

you still have an I/C { instant center } , the angle of the upper bar in relation to lower bars where they intersect , this can be adjusted to help forward bite , i dont know if this is what your asking or not , just something to think about....

Also think about the angle change with the pull bar spring. As the pull bar gets longer with axle wrap, the angle lessons.
    With that axle wrap up(pinion moves up) and angle change, the pan hard bar also changes.

Basically looking at a cause and effect deal. Moving it up on rear end does what on a three link and down does what. We have rear and forward center pull mount cars in our class and then the traditional style below the tube mounting. What does each do. The rear centerpull car is kicking our tails wonder what it’s doing. I have my bars at like 7.5” below centerline underneath wondering if I need to move them up to help drive. Etc

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    you still have an I/C { instant center } , the angle of the upper bar in relation to lower bars where they intersect , this can be adjusted to help forward bite , i dont know if this is what your asking or not , just something to think about....

Just to be clearer looking for what moving the lower trailing arms on the rear end do that cause and effect. We have the traditional straight below the rear end style brackets and we also run again rear center pull brackets and front birdcage 3 link center pull thAt aren’t fixed