Thread: Mitch McGrath

Default Mitch McGrath

Was the 3 incidents in the same night leading to suspension from Dirt King's?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Was the 3 incidents in the same night leading to suspension from Dirt King's?
    Trifecta - heat race, consolation & feature!

You could argue that there were three incidents in the feature alone along with the stuff that happened in the heat and B-main. At one point during the show, I think in the heat, he put his hand out the window and informed the flagman and/or crowd that they were “#1.”

Saw that on DOD. WTF, sounds like he needs banned for awhile. On went on YouTube looking for any videos of this craziness but no luck darn it

Quote Originally Posted by obamaracing#1 View Post
    Saw that on DOD. WTF, sounds like he needs banned for awhile. On went on YouTube looking for any videos of this craziness but no luck darn it
    https://youtu.be/dH625-8j7Ck here ya go

Please tell me someone beat his a$$

They should not allow weapons at a race track. This guy is dangerous.
    Last edited by BILL47A; 08-19-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Is this normal for him? Can't believe someone would be so triggered right out of the gate first race of the night.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I've never seen him like that before but I can't believe they kept giving him his spot back after the first 2 incidents!

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    I've never seen him like that before but I can't believe they kept giving him his spot back after the first 2 incidents!
    Mcgrath, Terbo and Pierce 10 laps for $10,000. No one would finish but it would be a show!!!

Seen him quite a bit with MLRA events, haven't seen him drive like that, geminy wth?
    I hate time trials.

McGrath isn't worthy of being part of that battle. As much as I dislike Bobby, he could out drive Mitch is his sleep, and so could Terbo.
    #AnybodyButBobby

Races in 2021:

Illini 100 (WoO) @ Farmer City Raceway
    Diamond Jim 43 @ Wilmot Raceway (Dirt Kings)
    Truck Country 50 (LOLMDS) @ 300 Raceway- Farley, IA
    27th and 26th Double Down Dream @ Eldora Speedway (UMP Dirtcar)
    Silver Dollar Nationals @ I-80 Speedway (LOLMDS)
    Prairie Dirt Classic @ FALS (WoO)

The incident where the 7 spun out was the 7's fault. He came all the way from the bottom and didn't even try to leave a lane for the cars on the outside (10:00 minute mark). It's BS that the 7 got his spot back, the caution was for him.

The bump on 97 looked like, a little payback for 97 roughing him up on the restart.

The slider on 11 with one lap to go was BS, McGrath had no chance of pulling it off clean. But then 11's retaliation was BS and 11 should have his ass beat.

The slider on 15 was BS. McGrath was just over driving a car that would no longer perform.

Either way 7 should not have won because he should have went to the back on the caution for him.

Good call CJS, on that caution between the 7 and 74 it looks like they called it a no-fault caution and everyone got their spots back

Video of his heat race were he also had an incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8_oRED74B0

The DoD article noted he had incidents in his heat race, B-main, and the feature (multiple). The B-main incident sounded like the worse but haven't seen video of it.

We should call this the Mitch McGrath Hat Trick.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    Video of his heat race were he also had an incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8_oRED74B0

The DoD article noted he had incidents in his heat race, B-main, and the feature (multiple). The B-main incident sounded like the worse but haven't seen video of it.
    Joel Bennett in the green #7 didn't deserve that from McGrath. He's about the cleanest guy out there.

I don't know McGrath well but he put on a great show at the WoO race at Shawano 3 years ago. He ran very well...top 10 finish I believe.

I spoke to him after that run and he was very friendly and humble
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I was not at this race, but I have been to multiple DK events. Over the last few years I have seen Mitch run Dirt Kings, WoO, Lucas, MLRA, Summernats, and unsanctioned shows. Last time I saw him in person was USA Nats a few weeks ago, and he could not get the car to turn all weekend long. He drives hard, and occasionally on the edge, but never seen him out of control like in that video.

About 3-4 years ago, Mitch started running with the MLRA, and more open shows in the Midwest.
    Dirt Kings allows open motor cars and spec motor cars (with a weight break) so that in and of itself can cause issues.
    They also don't qualify, so sometimes faster guys get stuck behind slower guys in heats and with passing points, deep "patience" isn't always shown.

All of that said, no excuse for those incidents. He needs to make amends with Anvelink and others because he wrecked a lot of equipment.

My dad was there and said it was a bit aggressive even for McGrath. He seems to have a tendency to drive more aggressively around non Plymouth regulars. Bennett and Anvelink are Shawano “regulars.” Reed’s car owner used to run at Shawano. Glenz is from western WI.

Some fun discussion on that night can be found on the DK Facebook coverage of that event. Someone asked why Reed wasn’t given a suspension and he had an amusing response: “It was my first incident of the night, not my 97th.”

A part of me thinks that the final one that sent Anvelink into the wall was a tipping point. Had it been someone else, let’s say a Kyle Raddant or Wickersheim or anyone else who isn’t as well known and successful as Nick, I don’t think the online reaction would’ve been nearly as strong.

Finally, when we were talking about it, my dad dropped a bit of analysis that I found to be hilarious: “It was a strange show. Mark Rose was there and for once he wasn’t the biggest idiot strapped into a race car.”

no worse than previous woo and lucas races....in the last month..