Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    "Even over the OVER RATED chili bowl."Anyone that thinks the chili bowl is overrated is simply ignorant or not paying attention.
    https://keithkunzmotorsports.com/For the most part Race for him or you ain’t winning the chili bowl. Those other 360 cars get beat almost every year

Larson won this year and he wasn't in a KKM car. Christopher Bell finished second and he wasn't in a KKM car either.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/more...us-keith-kunz/

Well I do recall not very long ago certain people said no way will anyone allow Larson to drive a latemodel especially this year it is going to happen
    This is what I think will happen Larson will hit several big races and will WIN at least one of them

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    Well I do recall not very long ago certain people said no way will anyone allow Larson to drive a latemodel especially this year it is going to happen
    This is what I think will happen Larson will hit several big races and will WIN at least one of them
    I wouldn't expect Larson to win a big late model event this soon.

I don't think there's going to be several big races left with this trend
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Mike Marlar is an excellent Wheelman, and he looked horrible in the 6 car at Volusia.

I was going to make a thread not to long ago asking where the heck has the Rumley 6 been. IDK, maybe if Larson actually drove a LM for a full year it my be exciting, and might have a chance. He will be back in NASCAR in 2021. So this is pretty much him playing around, if I were to guess. And second, I seen a pic of Kevin’s wife, holy sh!t!!!!
    Last edited by obamaracing#1; 08-18-2020 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyOinthe20fan View Post
    Mike Marlar is an excellent Wheelman, and he looked horrible in the 6 car at Volusia.
    Are you referring to 2019 at Volusia? He did have 2 subpar nights, but in the other 3 nights he had a win, a 2nd (from 21st), and an 8th.

I don’t recall any past sprint car/midget drivers doing very well in dirt late models, especially with limited seat time. The one exception that comes to mind was Tony Stewart seemed to be pretty darn competitive, at least at Knoxville several years ago.(not a nice word) Seems like the most consistent and competitive DLM drivers today drive their cars straight with(not a nice word) little sliding and try not to abuse their tires (ala NASCAR racing).

Even though many of you are commenting that Kyle is a sprint/midget driver, don’t forget he has been driving heavy pavement NASCAR cars for several years and has done very well learning to drive them straight as can be.(not a nice word) I think this is the difference between him and other sprint/midget drivers dabbling in DLM’s.(not a nice word)(not a nice word) I think his learning curve will be much shorter than other sprint/midget drivers and along with a good set-up person will make him competitive fairly quickly.(not a nice word) I didn’t say winner, but at least competitive.(not a nice word)

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Larson won this year and he wasn't in a KKM car. Christopher Bell finished second and he wasn't in a KKM car either.https://www.autoweek.com/racing/more...us-keith-kunz/
    That’s why I said most and not all. Who actually built Kyles car this year? The Kunz cars are truly works of art.

Rumley car can win. There won’t be any excuses as far as the equipment.

This Years car at the chili bowl was a King Chassis from overseas.... had absolutely nothing to do with KKM... rajaflyboy you post about things you have absolutely no clue about. Smh

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyOinthe20fan View Post
    Mike won a 10k to win race in the 6. Don’t remember if it was Volusia or Screven.

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    This Years car at the chili bowl was a King Chassis from overseas.... had absolutely nothing to do with KKM... rajaflyboy you post about things you have absolutely no clue about. Smh
    ^^^What he said.

Kevin isn't going to show up with a vanilla race car. It may be bad fast one night, and pure trash the next. He is a mad scientist, not an accountant.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    I did not say Kkm cars win EVERY YEAR but look at the results over the last ten or so. Those cars have won a lot. Swindell is the only one that gave them hell. I wish he was still racing. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I did not say Kkm cars win EVERY YEAR but look at the results over the last ten or so. Those cars have won a lot. Swindell is the only one that gave them hell. I wish he was still racing. 
    No you said “but who put this years car together”... and that was not KKM. Quit trying to step off topic. Every post you make is beyond pandering. Except with a lot of them you are completely clueless

I’ve been told by someone who’s driven and won in both dirt open wheel cars and dirt late models and is in multiple national halls of fame that in regards to dirt late models it’s about 90% car and 10% driver. With a dirt late model under Larson that is capable of winning on any particular night common sense dictates he’ll have as good of a chance as anyone of winning. If the car isn’t up to it Larson will appear inept to those hoping he looks bad and many here will chirp that he doesn’t have the talent or bravery to compete. The only winner will be the publicity the track and sanction will get. Either way he’s still the best and most versatile driver in 2 generations.

i agree cirf , but i think my old azz could still be competitive in that 6 car....lol....