Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The shirts are on the way!

https://www.facebook.com/markofvalor...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCFFzo7wkAWzAtNuqmAQc-nW5qgXQ3yidpFBuPN6EeVo7CUNSglhTYhdcjcqVUPUs7Z5ibfE QZNOF5WuxiXh5X_u0_WLcbP49scVJPYXpON2JGMprNDuXwH_0h 6QWfv6lf5hmo8Q7pEKIkfs4nzxIAM3f36Lx-14FSLCzvBs0ZwHG-O-KteXaq6DkuoM5VOVNu-TFJMTHmH4ayUMyWmOVq-qbH1oX2Y-CeBgTsT6vUt6BVufWkHF9Ic9EOW8c9MWgR6Nv4AplB5n5AdIjg 1eKzPZ2CZotIW2wx2lokj_6PyG8Wxz4S1tX4Q5vkr9WaX7nTym 2Isd68Gz9VxBwXPrqi_d8C3MeTKvi44l7w3_IXoVVRH5jyAh_c

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Can't do any worse than he did in NASCAR
    I don't know about that. He won more races and had better results for Chip in the time he was there than all of his other drivers combined over the years.

I'm more puzzled as to why Larson even wants to get in a late model. He's proven he can be king of the open wheel sprint/midget class. The WoO Sprint car series pays a lot more than any National Late model tour. Being of his caliber, not sure why one would want to race for less money in a class that he is unproven at.
    Last edited by Highside Hustler25; 08-17-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    8/13/16

I truly think the guy is just a dirt racer to the bone. Probably wants to try the late models to see how he does and how he likes them. His talent on the open wheel side is incredible. Can drive it on the edge but also is constantly working the track and running different lines even when not in traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by BirkyTime15B View Post
    At I-55. Bet you see Larson at Knoxville and Charlotte.
    The Test was at Cherokee... not I-55

I just wonder. WHAT IF, he goes out and does win ? Chances, I'll put him at 50/50, but what if he does ? Everybody is going to say it was Rumley I'm sure. The guy is the best dirt racer out there right now. From millbridge speedway, in those caged karts, midgets, usac sprints, to outlaw sprint cars at knoxville. Besides being a d*m good driver, he adjusts instantly to the different types of dirt surfaces you find around the country. Hummmmm, what if ?

"Even over the OVER RATED chili bowl."

Anyone that thinks the chili bowl is overrated is simply ignorant or not paying attention.

All I know is he has been tearing it up in a sprint car and that woo sprint car bunch are tuff he just one the iron man 55 at pearly 20 thousand to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I don't know about that. He won more races and had better results for Chip in the time he was there than all of his other drivers combined over the years.

I'm more puzzled as to why Larson even wants to get in a late model. He's proven he can be king of the open wheel sprint/midget class. The WoO Sprint car series pays a lot more than any National Late model tour. Being of his caliber, not sure why one would want to race for less money in a class that he is unproven at.
    I'd bet he just wants to jump in a late model a couple times before he goes back to NASCAR just to say he's done it.

That saw blade six car always looks fast just sitting still........it always has.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    That saw blade six car always looks fast just sitting still........it always has.
    I remember Billy Hicks coming to Pennsboro, that car was always the best looking car there.

Been a bunch of great drivers in that thing.....shaver,tucker,JD that I've actually watched race live in it.

Is Leroy still building motors? Anyone know?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Been a bunch of great drivers in that thing.....shaver,tucker,JD that I've actually watched race live in it.Is Leroy still building motors? Anyone know?
    I don't know if he is or isn't but the last few times the car was out it had a cornet I believe from the Donald bradsher Arsenal

The test session got rained out.

You think he throws questionable sliders in a sprint car.... wait til he has fenders! should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    You think he throws questionable sliders in a sprint car.... wait til he has fenders! should be good.
    Does he really make a habit of throwing questionable haymakers?

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Does he really make a habit of throwing questionable haymakers?
    He has had a few questionable moves. I'd say he is aggressive, not necessarily dirty. But there are a few drivers in PA alone that might feel like they owe him one. Not the least of which would be Logan Schuchart from this past weekend at Knoxville.

He throws a lot of sliders, but I wouldn't even remotely consider them to be questionable. It sure seems to me that his sliders are always very controlled, and he keeps his car straighter than most anyone which keeps his speed up, so the guy getting slid doesn't have to lift as much, and it also takes away their ability to pull a crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    He throws a lot of sliders, but I wouldn't even remotely consider them to be questionable. It sure seems to me that his sliders are always very controlled, and he keeps his car straighter than most anyone which keeps his speed up, so the guy getting slid doesn't have to lift as much, and it also takes away their ability to pull a crossover.
    I definitely don't think the slider at Knoxville on the 1s this week was intentional or dirty but questionable would definitely be a good word to describe it. I'm sure Logan wasn't happy about it although he was lucky enough to hang on to 2nd after his nose wing was damaged from the slider. Brent Marks during PA Speedweek was another good example I believe at WG.

He makes a lot of his passes that way and with sliders being significantly less effective in late models I do wonder if he will end up tearing things up more often than not. IMO there is no question that he could be a threat for crown jewel races in a late model given enough time behind the wheel of one. If he isn't going to go back to NASCAR the best way to make big money would be to just run the biggest races for every discipline in dirt racing.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I definitely don't think the slider at Knoxville on the 1s this week was intentional or dirty but questionable would definitely be a good word to describe it. I'm sure Logan wasn't happy about it although he was lucky enough to hang on to 2nd after his nose wing was damaged from the slider. Brent Marks during PA Speedweek was another good example I believe at WG.

He makes a lot of his passes that way and with sliders being significantly less effective in late models I do wonder if he will end up tearing things up more often than not. IMO there is no question that he could be a threat for crown jewel races in a late model given enough time behind the wheel of one. If he isn't going to go back to NASCAR the best way to make big money would be to just run the biggest races for every discipline in dirt racing.
    Errant haymakers are far less effective in late models but also far less apt to endanger life and limb. Obviously, that is the reason haymakers in dirt open wheel cars require far larger stones and much more precision. With that in mind Yung Money may well be willing to execute the maneuver under more ill advised circumstances given that his chances of causing anything more than hurt feelings are much less while racing a dirt late model.

Hit that right rear off the wall once and the droop will be all jacked up = someone else will win race