Thread: B5 vs. Rocket1

Default B5 vs. Rocket1

Is there any difference other than the wrap and engine builder? I even heard the Rocket1 crew works on the B5.

Lol no they don't. The b5 is his family car im sure he's got alot of similar stuff but it's not the house car with a different dress

Quote Originally Posted by james777777 View Post
    I even heard the Rocket1 crew works on the B5.
    Where did you hear this? I don't believe that to be true. He's had his own crew the last week or so in the Midwest.
    8/13/16

Well I was talking to William Wallace in the pits the other night and he said,

"Yes I've heard. Kills other cars by seconds. And if the house car crew were here working on the B5, he'd consume the competition with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse."

The real difference....... The driver Brandon Sheppard. Under the tutorage of Mark Richards, Shepp has become one best dirt LM racers out there and is learning more every time on the track. Forget Mr Bloomquist and Mr Moyer, Mr Sheppard is now the new normal.

I seem to remember Rocket Shepp took his B5 car and the # 1 Rocket house car to Vado Speedway during the Winter and did better with the B5 than the #1 car. If it was not Vado Speedway but some track in Arizona, please correct me. No doubt , Brandon is a real racer.

I even heard the Rocket1 crew works on the B5.
    Don't think that is the case. BSHEPP even made a comment after Pevely summer national race saying how much harder he has to work when racing the family car due to not having the Rocket1 team there to help with things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I seem to remember Rocket Shepp took his B5 car and the # 1 Rocket house car to Vado Speedway during the Winter and did better with the B5 than the #1 car. If it was not Vado Speedway but some track in Arizona, please correct me. No doubt , Brandon is a real racer.
    They used the Rocket 1 hauler to get out to Vado but the Rocket house car was not along for the ride. Hauler only.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    They used the Rocket 1 hauler to get out to Vado but the Rocket house car was not along for the ride. Hauler only.
    They took Brandon's hauler out west. With 1 house car and 1 of Brandon's cars. And a spare Durham motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    They took Brandon's hauler out west. With 1 house car and 1 of Brandon's cars. And a spare Durham motor.
    Correct the whole purpose was to save the team the expense and time of driving to vado for three nights then coming home and preparing for speedweeks . Mark and the crew flew home after vado and took the rocket 1 hauler south for testing and Speedweeks Brandon met them in Florida after the wild west shoot out was over

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Correct the whole purpose was to save the team the expense and time of driving to vado for three nights then coming home and preparing for speedweeks . Mark and the crew flew home after vado and took the rocket 1 hauler south for testing and Speedweeks Brandon met them in Florida after the wild west shoot out was over
    We have a winner

What about adjustments to the car? I am sure Brandon is well aware of what the house car crew is doing to his car so I would think he could do the same exact things to his.

The B5 crew is myself Brandon’s great uncle, a family friend that has raced with my self and Brandon’s grampa for 30 years , a long time friend of Brandon’s dad and a friend of Brandon plus his grampa and dad when they go and range from age 68 to 25. Bshepp makes all set up calls

What about adjustments to the car? I am sure Brandon is well aware of what the house car crew is doing to his car so I would think he could do the same exact things to his.
    What's your point. I know some of the adjustments that the rocket one team makes to their car on a regular night. And i do these very same adjustments to my car Does that mean that my car is essentially the rocket one now? Of coarse Brandon knows what they do to the car and he transfers that over when he drives his own stuff. That's part of what makes him great. Even though his job is just too drive and give feedback he pays attention to what is done. So now he can give feedback in reference to the way a particular adjustment felt so that the right call can be made. It makes marks job that much easier when his driver can Guage the effectiveness of a given adjustment. Their are plenty of guys out their who can drive the hell out of a car if it's right. But if they don't understand how the car works its way harder to get it "right". I've never seen a driver in the modern ara that could be good consistently night in night out and not understand the cars. Most of your great drivers today are equaly as good setup guys. That doesn't mean they can call all the shots from the seat perfectly. But when presented with all the information that was gathered from an experienced eye watching the car aswell as what they felt they can make the right decisions
    Last edited by Jking24; 08-19-2020 at 05:39 AM.

A lot depends on the track. How many times have you heard drivers say I thought the top was going to be the fast way or vice versa bottom looked good and the top came in sooner than we expected. You have to know how to read a track. Being lucky every wonce in awhile doesn't hurt either. Team rocket has a base set up that when it comes to qualifying they are right there. I've seen BS get on his little scooter and just go sit in the middle of a corner somewhere. He's good, darn good.

So what I am getting is that on any given night, the B5 car itself (chassis, shocks, engine, setups) is on par with the Rocket 1.