Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kankakee SN

Stop starting heats and features straight up, use an inversion!

Glad to see Frankie win.

God are u people every happy?? Good job kankakee what a good show u put on for 4 classes...Also good job dave travk was awsome thank you for giving us a place to race and busting ur asses to get the place back together after the storm....

Quote Originally Posted by Kankakeefan8 View Post
    God are u people every happy?? Good job kankakee what a good show u put on for 4 classes...Also good job dave travk was awsome thank you for giving us a place to race and busting ur asses to get the place back together after the storm....
    Wow! Touchy...just a bit.

The question asked wasn't about Kankakee. The question posed was about increasing car counts and drivers following the summernats.

From purely a fan perspective, wouldn't you rather see a race at your local joint on a Thr, Fri, Sat, or Sun? Especially, if that meant you draw more cars and a more competitive field.

We've all spent late nights at dirt tracks, so I'm not going to point fingers at any track for having a long night, but it is easier to deal with when you don't have to get up and go to work the next day.

Zero reason why UMP can't run 24 races in 35 days and still call it the hell tour. It's not what it once was.

frankie sure was hooked up.

"Ya not opening till july 10 look u dumb asses why so long they should be ready to open fri just like real race tracks farmer city and fairbury....they gonna lose alot of cars watch and see driver dont wanna wait for them they wanna race i hope Tom Smith Fails he is a pieace of work .....Straight TRASH"

Isn't that you? You seem like a happy fella yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    "Ya not opening till july 10 look u dumb asses why so long they should be ready to open fri just like real race tracks farmer city and fairbury....they gonna lose alot of cars watch and see driver dont wanna wait for them they wanna race i hope Tom Smith Fails he is a pieace of work .....Straight TRASH"

Isn't that you? You seem like a happy fella yourself.
    I talk to Tom on Tuesday. He said he might be done after this year. His wife want to be done after this year and 13 or so years running Kankakee. He did say he might stay one more year but that’s about it. Heard it from his own mouth. I can’t say much bad about him as he’s helped me out. Gave me two pit passes Tuesday for $10.00 all because I did a little PR work for him over the last 13 years. There have been nights I’ve paid 1/2 price at the pit gate all for helping out a bit. You guys are funny. I guarantee none of you could deal with that fair board. They have ran off a lot of good promoters including the Izzo Family, the O’Conner Family (Kokomo), & Sherri Heckenast. Over the last few years it’s been different but at least he kept the place open and gave racers a place to race. He did what he had to do to pay the purse. Racing on a Tuesday didn’t help. If that would have been a Thursday they might have had a few more cars there.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Imcryn2 u can sit behind a computer and talk (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)...if u have a problem why dont u speak to toms face be a man and not a little sissy behind a conputer talking (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)....why cant people ever get on here and say hey THANK U TOM AND DAVE FOR ALL UR HARD WORK AND GIVING US A PLACE TO RACE...BUT NO PEOPLE WANNA BASH THEM....ONCE AGIAN IF U CAN DO BETTER IM SURE TOM WHOULD LOVE FOR U TO TAKE OVER FOR A NIGHT....IM GONNA SAY IT THANK U DAVE WHINNINGTON AND TOM SMITH AND ALL UR CREW FOR WORKING UR BUTTS OFF TO GET PLACE BACK TOGETHER AFTER A REALLY BAD STORM AND GIVING US A PLACE TO RACE....AND DAVE WHINNINGTON HATS OFF TO U BROTHER TRACK WAS ABSOLUTELY AWSOME GREAT RACING MAN WE WILL BE BACK...TEAM#99

Hey officer! You're still a Illinois State Trooper aren't you? What happend to " Tom Smith sucks please get out of Kankakee " ?

And I think they're a lawyer also.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Wow! Pretty amazing. The State Trooper/high profile Lawyer, doesn't even know ImCryn2 was quoting him from earlier in the season. Talk about needing to put the cap back on the bottle!

HoosierDirtFan, agree Smitty has does a fine job keeping the place open. Still running weekly without even having Late Models. There were apparently temper issues in the past though. I think you were even upset with him a few years ago? And he apparently ran off the Late Model drivers with his my way or the highway attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    Wow! Pretty amazing. The State Trooper/high profile Lawyer, doesn't even know ImCryn2 was quoting him from earlier in the season. Talk about needing to put the cap back on the bottle!
    Were any tshirts harmed?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I'm not even sure. Maybe the high profile lawyer/state trooper burned all his in a drunken stupor.

That seems to be a " thing " these days.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Imcryn2 u can sit behind a computer and talk (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)...if u have a problem why dont u speak to toms face be a man and not a little sissy behind a conputer talking (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)....why cant people ever get on here and say hey THANK U TOM AND DAVE FOR ALL UR HARD WORK AND GIVING US A PLACE TO RACE...BUT NO PEOPLE WANNA BASH THEM....ONCE AGIAN IF U CAN DO BETTER IM SURE TOM WHOULD LOVE FOR U TO TAKE OVER FOR A NIGHT....IM GONNA SAY IT THANK U DAVE WHINNINGTON AND TOM SMITH AND ALL UR CREW FOR WORKING UR BUTTS OFF TO GET PLACE BACK TOGETHER AFTER A REALLY BAD STORM AND GIVING US A PLACE TO RACE....AND DAVE WHINNINGTON HATS OFF TO U BROTHER TRACK WAS ABSOLUTELY AWSOME GREAT RACING MAN WE WILL BE BACK...TEAM#99

Hey smarty, that was a post of YOURS from another thread I quoted! YOU said it! All I was doing is pointing out that you, yourself bad mouthed the place. I don't even know Tom. LMFAO

Hoosier, That was a quote that kankakee fan posted in another thread. I just quoted it because he was getting pissy about others never being happy.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    No kidding.