Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrub

Default Scrub

The ole guy picks up his second win of the season last night at Path Valley in an Ultimate Northeast race over Greg Satterlee. He has shown speed lately running the Murray car with the LOLMS and now comes home to beat up the locals. I would love to see him follow a national tour next year, he still has some gas left in the tank to be competitive in my opinion.

All he needs is 600k and a crew.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    What he said

I’m pretty sure Rick really isn’t interested in full time touring anymore.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Not sure why some fans think being with a traveling series is the ultimate rush This post, the one about Birky, and the Skip Arp release should remind us how there is more to life. I seriously wonder how Bloomquist comes out in five or ten years. I hope that what many consider the best ever can phase out on his own terms, not convinced he will.
    I hate time trials.

Eckert was extremely fast at Cedar Lake speedway during the Nationals . He finished second and outran many of the big winners this year in the Nationals. He outran Jimmy Owens quite handily during the race. I would say Eckert is ready to win wherever he goes this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    same can be said for about 50 regional racers out there.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    same can be said for about 50 regional racers out there.
    I second that! Maybe could go as high as 100.

Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
    I second that! Maybe could go as high as 100.
    You are so right. I would of said 100 but I figured someone would want a list.
    8/13/16

Rick also beat Saterlee and Rine at Selinsgrove Ultimate race tonight.

Nice to see him running back up front this year!

Yea he got something figured out on that car. He's not forgotten how to get to the front that's for sure

He won several “regional “ races last season also ! But until Cedar Lake this year he really wasn’t producing against the touring guys ! Or he would still be doing it , probably .

Actually Rick has been pretty good in the Murray car for about the last month prior to cedar lake. The way i understand it is the Murray ride is very similar to his own. Good equipment but not much manpower. Rick is still a very capable driver. Easily capable of competing on a national level again given the proper resources. I put Rick's situation in the same category as clanton. Look how good clanton has run since he's got some manpower and not just manpower but the right people in the right places. Look at Owens for example he has his brother back and cody seems to be contributing. That all allows Jimmy to be better in the seat. This is one of the reasons Sheppard is so good in the house car. Eckert hasn't had more than one full time crew guy and no crew cheif. In probably over ten years. At this point the toughest thing for Eckert would probably be letting someone else do all the important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Actually Rick has been pretty good in the Murray car for about the last month prior to cedar lake. The way i understand it is the Murray ride is very similar to his own. Good equipment but not much manpower. Rick is still a very capable driver. Easily capable of competing on a national level again given the proper resources. I put Rick's situation in the same category as clanton. Look how good clanton has run since he's got some manpower and not just manpower but the right people in the right places. Look at Owens for example he has his brother back and cody seems to be contributing. That all allows Jimmy to be better in the seat. This is one of the reasons Sheppard is so good in the house car. Eckert hasn't had more than one full time crew guy and no crew cheif. In probably over ten years. At this point the toughest thing for Eckert would probably be letting someone else do all the important stuff.
    Are you forgetting his stint in the rocket house car when Josh had medical issues .......he didn’t produce great results then ?

Dirtman, no I'm not forgetting it. You guys act like racing latemodels at the top level is just cut a check and you should win. Rocket was off in fourteen as a whole. Aside from that just because him and rocket didn't set the world on fire six years ago doesent mean a thing. The guy can win races just needs the right people. And that team was not the power house it is now.

Dirtman, no I'm not forgetting it. You guys act like racing latemodels at the top level is just cut a check and you should win. Rocket was off in fourteen as a whole. Aside from that just because him and rocket didn't set the world on fire six years ago doesent mean a thing. The guy can win races just needs the right people. And that team was not the power house it is now.
    That is true , and the driver ain’t too shabby either ! I wasn’t the one saying all you need is money and people ! It’s even better when it’s someone else s money !

I am glad to see Rick doing well this year, he is always so professional and just a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I am glad to see Rick doing well this year, he is always so professional and just a nice guy.
    You know him well ?

Wait, I thought anyone could get in the Rocket1 car and be dominate?? That's what I was told on here...