Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    I'm thinking buying the school so add more camping an their putting extensions on the backstretch for not seating. even though they will use it a few times a year.
    Not sure if they would buy the school, but it could be more upgrades. Most likely on the front stretch. I have heard that there are plans for the old grand stand and more seating in turn 1. They need to build one big complex on the front stretch right up close to the track.

Aslong as they dont mess with the main grandstands. If they mess with them they will lose alot of support by the town. I know alot of faithfuls that sit their every race and im talking long time faithfuls. 30 plus years faithful and alot of family memories. Turn 1 is possible but very dangerous as i have seen many of tires and car parts fly off their.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I think McGrath, Pierce, Erb, and Terry Casey are racing Crown Vics in a grudge race.
    Now you're talking....
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

I went my first time in 75, and I wan't nothing but them to be torn down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    The fact that it's on Flo rules out WoO being involved.
    Flo does the SDS races for WRG. There is groundwork for a further relationship too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If they want to continue to grow and hold bigger shows they need to tear down the front stretch stands and build larger, unobstructed stands

They can't grow as they have no room for parking or camping. Got to get Thoses problems solved first before seating. And expand concession counters. Shouldn't take me missing 3 heats to get a burger and water.

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    They can't grow as they have no room for parking or camping. Got to get Thoses problems solved first before seating. And expand concession counters. Shouldn't take me missing 3 heats to get a burger and water.
    Only concessions I hit all year are at Eldora. I fill my gut up at a restaurant or campground before arriving. I don’t go to race tracks to stand in lines for food. I go to watch racing. ....then after race, if one’s available, straight to Steak ‘n Shake.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Well I try supporting the track esp weekly shows but not anymore at fals I'll eat before I go.

I'm generally the same DC. I eat before I go. But when they have bacon wrapped skrimps and crab ragoon like they did at LaSalle, I'm in !
    8/13/16

Kokomo - Hoosier Dirt Shootout - to be made up October 23rd.
    Big announcement next
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Tuesday, September 15th 2020
    Super Late Models $15,000 to win & $1,000 to start.
    "One For The Road"
    Davenport, Sheppard & More.

PLUS

UMP Modifieds
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 08-20-2020 at 06:50 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I agree the front stands need redone. But I get it...it’s kinds part of the charm / history factor. Besides if they tear those down...people in town will lose their $hit. It’s sort of the Wrigley field of dirt. Don’t want to lose historical look, but they need to do something. It’s a super fun place to race or watch a race. Somehow they need to keep the Fairbury aura, but grow a little as well. Not an easy task

I believe Matt said full capacity is 7000? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'd say that's maxed out unless you want to eliminate the camping. Otherwise, their is just no where to park all the vehicles. You're only going to plant so many butts around a 1/4 mile oval.
    8/13/16

The only problem FALS has is an adequate facility to serve a larger number of race fans. Frankly, FALS isn't the quaint little race track in the middle of town I remember from years past. Enjoy the new monster in Fairbury, I'll stay at home and support the special races on line.

It still is Mud. Except for about 3 races a year.
    8/13/16

I think the original grandstands could be updated then add on a matching, larger, toward turn four. It would require replacing the existing grandstands east of the old grandstand.

I love those historic tracks. The last one I tried to promote had a vintage 900 seat grandstand. Only 50 years old but it had that great old fairgrounds feel...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Be awesome to see back stretch stands moved forward and then add another 5 rows to the top of them
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I believe Matt said full capacity is 7000? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I'd say that's maxed out unless you want to eliminate the camping. Otherwise, their is just no where to park all the vehicles. You're only going to plant so many butts around a 1/4 mile oval.
    8,000 Capacity with offseason expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Be awesome to see back stretch stands moved forward and then add another 5 rows to the top of them
    5 rows? If money was no object, they could go much higher. We went to Kokomo and those backstretch bleachers were awesome. I think FALS could go quite a bit higher on the backstretch. Huge seating opportunity above the backstretch beer tent as well. Parking cars is a whole different animal though unfortunately.