Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tires............

Haven't confirmed this, but I heard Owens' tire started coming apart last night at the end, like it did last week at florence. I've never seen any tire de tread like that. With how dominant he's become this year, sure does at least raise some eyebrows. Regardless of whether they are prepping tires or not, my question is: Why can't lucas or WoO post their "lab results" like the regional series do? When was the last time someone even got DQd for tires (goodluck convincing me racers just stopped cheating for the last 10 years)? Lucas and WoO survive on 7-10 touring guys that come to every race, and 20-40 regional guys that show up to fill the rest of the field... why don't these series do ANYTHING to reassure the regional racers that it's a fair playing field? /rant

I was told he had more than 1 do it at Florence. Those things are juiced. That team has multiple tire chemists on it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I was told he had more than 1 do it at Florence. Those things are juiced. That team has multiple tire chemists on it.
    I've heard there is an issue in lucas with it, i guess after all the tire is what is on the ground
    but i have had issues with tires before but it was the batch that was the issue (coming apart where they are molded together)
    Last edited by grt74; 08-21-2020 at 07:25 AM.

The Lucas tire rules make rubber alteration a potential huge advantage. They never bust one of their own. That's enough to guarantee it happens.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It really is a joke. I gauruntee none of the samples they take even get sent to the lab. Probably a huge stash of them hidden in the Lucas trailer somewhere

That's what happens when there is no authority in the series. You have a photographer and a former racer there for a check running the show. That series is ran by the drivers that follow it.

Not saying there's not juicing going on, but Batesville is one of the most brutal tracks on tires. It's nothing for a tire to come apart or detread there in no time. Saturday night will be a tire conservation game, and you'll see some pit stops most likely. If you're even a little bit tight and have to drive it sideways, your tires won't make it 100 laps at Batesville.

The whole tire acquisition scenario and subsequent testing procedure ( if any)is so transparent, can't imagine why it isn't trusted??? Smdh.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Jimmy said in the interview that the turns were like a washboard so that probably didn't help.

Owens and Bloomquist prep their tires the exact same way. With Cody there I am sure there is conversations about how Scott was so good at tire conservation. Owen's is getting tons of bite. Sheppard isnt having that same problem with his rocket. Driving style might be the difference.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGoFast View Post
    Owens and Bloomquist prep their tires the exact same way. With Cody there I am sure there is conversations about how Scott was so good at tire conservation. Owen's is getting tons of bite. Sheppard isnt having that same problem with his rocket. Driving style might be the difference.
    Yeah. Owens just rips the tires, compared to Sheppard. *Sarcasm*
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The whole tire acquisition scenario and subsequent testing procedure ( if any)is so transparent, can't imagine why it isn't trusted??? Smdh.
    They can video record the pill draw on FB live.....why can’t they video the tire samples being taken? Or post the lab results?? I don’t know on which planet being secretive and not enforcing rules is a viable long term business strategy. From the outside it seems very corrupt and swamp like.

MY OPINION HERE... I think that is why Bloomquist is not running well. He is NOT doping tires. He is one that either series would love to bust!

Had two guys get busted on tires a couple of weeks ago at a Pro Stock Tour series we run in CA,OR,NV. Simple durometer check and visual inspection on the tires. No lab samples. Series tire rules simply state right side tires can be ground but can't be grooved or siped and must be 55 or higher durometer. Left side tires anything goes. Get checked in post race tech and if you get nailed you're disqualified and get no bucks or points.

This series allows everything from asphalt take-offs, G-60 IMCA type tires, and up to 11" wide dirt tires, all according to your home track's rules. Seems to work well and have had winners on all types. Pretty simple system and no waiting days to get race results.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired View Post
    MY OPINION HERE... I think that is why Bloomquist is not running well. He is NOT doping tires. He is one that either series would love to bust!
    No, the reason he is not winning is because he had an injury at an old age.

Jimmy has ran extremely well on the WOO side this year also, are they letting him get away with cheating there also?
    If Jimmy ha an advantage with doped tires, what is McCreadie doing to be able to beat him?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    No, the reason he is not winning is because he had an injury at an old age.
    This excuse has age on it too...

"Jimmy has ran extremely well on the WOO side this year also, are they letting him get away with cheating there also?
    If Jimmy ha an advantage with doped tires, what is McCreadie doing to be able to beat him?"

Rumley

The fact that people still think that the top guys do stuff to their tires is hilarious. Nothing but a dumb conspiracy theory. That whole Eldora mess was a joke and I would love to tell the back story to it all but I know a certain someone would never let me back on Eldora ground.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Lol u know ur winning if people start making up stories about u lmao. TMac get a couple more, and we will have the scoop on him