Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knoxville

Default Knoxville

Fyi not sure if this race will happen. I know it's a few weeks away. But some track staff has tested positive for covid plus some sprint fans/crew have tested positive to. All on Knoxville Facebook page

Just returned from the 360/Woo week there. All of my group is healthy and well, but we all practiced social distancing the best we could and wore masks. Also we did not goto Pits or Dingus. Both of those events should have been 100% reserved seating. Relying on the general public to social distance did not work well and all of my group had issues. Not with the track, Not with the sanction but with the public that doesnt understand how to social distance properly even when it is spelled out on a hundred (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) signs posted in the grandstands.
    If you are bulletproof and convinced this is all a sham, then by all means go and have a great time.
    If you are even the least bit concerned about social distancing, then avoid large events such as this. Especially if its GA without strict enforcement.
    I am not starting a debate, not getting political, wont reply, just issuing a word of caution to those with concerns.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

I hope it happens, went there for the first time last year and really enjoyed it and kicking around the idea of going back again this year. I know it’s always a packed house when the sprints are there but not so much at the late model shows.

Riffraf. One of the best posts this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    Just returned from the 360/Woo week there. All of my group is healthy and well, but we all practiced social distancing the best we could and wore masks. Also we did not goto Pits or Dingus. Both of those events should have been 100% reserved seating. Relying on the general public to social distance did not work well and all of my group had issues. Not with the track, Not with the sanction but with the public that doesnt understand how to social distance properly even when it is spelled out on a hundred (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) signs posted in the grandstands.
    If you are bulletproof and convinced this is all a sham, then by all means go and have a great time.
    If you are even the least bit concerned about social distancing, then avoid large events such as this. Especially if its GA without strict enforcement.
    I am not starting a debate, not getting political, wont reply, just issuing a word of caution to those with concerns.
    The reason most people don’t understand how to do the social distancing when it’s spelled out to them is because that’s being told what to do and 75% of the people is hellbent and determined nobody is going to tell them what to do and that’s what keeps driving this virus is people is to f***ing hardheaded and won’t wear a mask or keep their a$$es apart for long enough to let it die down.

All it takes is one person coming in your home.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Finally. There are some people out there that get it. Wearing a mask, distancing and washing your hands ain't that tough. People who refuse aren't tough guys, tough guys do it because they know it's the right thing to do. Thanks for the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    Finally. There are some people out there that get it. Wearing a mask, distancing and washing your hands ain't that tough. People who refuse aren't tough guys, tough guys do it because they know it's the right thing to do. Thanks for the posts.
    It's not. I did all that and then had it brought in by the one person that comes in my home. I was a putz.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Tuesday is the City Council meeting, to see if this race is a go!!!

Thanks for the heads up Plunks. Patiently waiting.
    8/13/16

Room is booked.....hope it happens

Will see im not hopeful considering they had some cases last weekend from the track.

I have someone at work get it at least once a week and we don’t shut the whole place down.

does your work have 6000 people that come from multiple different states? just asking for a friend

Fingers crossed that Knoxville is allowed to run this event but if you are the city council it's hard to over look the outbreak that is currently happening and it has been traced back to the tracks last event.

Flu/pneumonia outbreak

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    You should have took up any issues with the track staff. They would have taken care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patansplant View Post
    You are correct. The people you are talking about are self-centered and do not care about other people's health.
    Last edited by fryefan; 08-24-2020 at 01:21 AM.

At this point there is enough science to show that a few cases alone should NOT be cause for alarm. We all should do our best to take the measures recommended by the CDC to avoid infection, but as more is known about this virus while very contagious the recovery rates continue to uptrend as more testing/cases occur. The hospitalization/fatality rates continue to decline (dare I say to the point of Influenza) as herd immunity builds and the medical community constantly improves how to treat patients with COVID. If you don't feel comfortable in large groups yet and/or have pre-existing conditions that make you more vulnerable, then I think the best thing to do is stay home and watch online but for 99% of folks (especially with the seating capacity at Knoxville) this should not be an issue. I don't know if the city council in Knoxville will agree or not, but working in the medical community that with the exception of certain hot spots, hospitalization and fatality rates have both been constantly declining since the US peak in May.

Theres some interesting reading in the Knoxville facebook post from last weekend -https://www.facebook.com/knoxvilleraceway/

They've either deleted some comments or I read it somewhere else but it was mentioned that quite a few track prep people had it as well.