Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brent Larson

Default Brent Larson

Does anyone know how many provisionals Brent has taken in the WOO? Also does anyone know how many that can be used in a year.

Lol he was fast time tonight lol

Fast time. 8th in the heat race and 5th in the Bmain. Starts shotgun on the field. Man I thought Bloomquist was confusing...
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

You know before him, it may have been Chub Frank. After him, it will be someone else. Whether it be a dirt touring series, or an asphalt touring series, there's going to be a certain priority on keeping people who are committed to your series racing in your series. Does it always seem fair that a faster car goes home? Well, yeah it does, but that's touring racing and it is not a perfect world.

You have someone who is going to commit to running from January until late fall, from New Mexico, to Florida, to the upper Midwest, out to the Dakotas, out east and back to some other places, that's a pretty big buy in. Loyalty goes both ways and I don't care what series or what driver it involves. My point is not about Brent Larson personally, it is about almost any driver in his position.

Without the two way street of loyalty, the tours wouldn't exist very long. Does anyone objectively think the UMP Summer Nationals has a real deep committed pool of talent beyond the top three in points? That might even be debatable.

Look, I've gone to many shows through the years and there have been some where I got really torqued to find out someone who I was watching and impressed with had to go home because the touring regular who was clocked in time trials with a calendar got in on a "P". Then for several years I worked in a touring series and came to understand these things better.

Larson showed up to the helltour show at LaSalle and I figured he would run top 10 maybe. Didn't happen. He hasn't improved much.
    8/13/16

I believe Woo doesn't count regular provisionals, but only 4 emergency provisionals.

Champion24 is correct.
    Four emergency provisionals and No limit on points provisionals.

As long as the other 8 WoO regulars make the show through the heats or B-main, the 9th WoO driver who had a bad night and the "B-main Bomber," get in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    You know before him, it may have been Chub Frank. After him, it will be someone else. Whether it be a dirt touring series, or an asphalt touring series, there's going to be a certain priority on keeping people who are committed to your series racing in your series. Does it always seem fair that a faster car goes home? Well, yeah it does, but that's touring racing and it is not a perfect world.

You have someone who is going to commit to running from January until late fall, from New Mexico, to Florida, to the upper Midwest, out to the Dakotas, out east and back to some other places, that's a pretty big buy in. Loyalty goes both ways and I don't care what series or what driver it involves. My point is not about Brent Larson personally, it is about almost any driver in his position.

Without the two way street of loyalty, the tours wouldn't exist very long. Does anyone objectively think the UMP Summer Nationals has a real deep committed pool of talent beyond the top three in points? That might even be debatable.

Look, I've gone to many shows through the years and there have been some where I got really torqued to find out someone who I was watching and impressed with had to go home because the touring regular who was clocked in time trials with a calendar got in on a "P". Then for several years I worked in a touring series and came to understand these things better.
    Excellent analysis. I have no problem with the touring series rewarding those who follow them all over the country.

It’s kinda like this. A WOO regular gets $600 to come to the track and it’s $700 to start the A-Main. To keep him on the tour they add him in the A-Main for points and give him a extra $100.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Excellent analysis. I have no problem with the touring series rewarding those who follow them all over the country.

Sometimes you get it right!!!!! hehe
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

So he would get $1300....$600 + $700 = $1300

That's $1,300 per event not counting sponser money on your car. There are drivers that list over 30 sponsors on the car. Somebody will come here soon and try to correct me. But I tell u this. There is a reason why they are where they are and u are where u are............Dennis Erb..........Forever..............

No reason to list a sponsor that dosen't pay.

I'd assume he's catching up to them Jill George provisional stats

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    So he would get $1300....$600 + $700 = $1300
    plus arnie doubles his pay check for the night. so he actually gets $2600 for a night. not bad for a field filler.

Isn't the starting fee revoked if a provisional is used?

Only for Emergency Provisionals

When I was in the pavement promoting biz Artgo and ASA had a good show money program for those who signed up for it... Many nights there were 15 cars in the pits on the program. It guaranteed a good field of cars for the show. No downside.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by wastingmoney View Post
    plus arnie doubles his pay check for the night. so he actually gets $2600 for a night. not bad for a field filler.

What? Come on.. if that was the case Arnie could any top name.driver he wanted...lol

Quote Originally Posted by mndirtman View Post
    What? Come on.. if that was the case Arnie could any top name.driver he wanted...lol
    Who could afford that deal with a good driver lol.