Thread: Gary Webb

Thumbs up Gary Webb

Picked up the 520th feature win of his 49-year racing career tonight at East Moline. He dominated the caution-free make-up feature. I believe it was Gary's first win in over five years.

Guy is a legend, glad to see him get a win.
    I hate time trials.

Good for Gary. Doesn't he have something like 10 or 12 championships there?

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Good for Gary. Doesn't he have something like 10 or 12 championships there?
    He just won his 18th at EM last year...his 28th overall.

Congrats Gary! He drove for the promoter at East Moline for a time, would win twice a week there (Friday and Sunday night). One of the greats I am glad I got to race with and know. When I started racing he is one of the few that would actually take the time to come find me to help (as would Roger Dolan), wish I had listened a little better!

Even being a young teenager at the time, I will always remember the dominance of Gary Webb's 2000 season at the Dubuque Speedway, winning 16 of 18 races and 17 top 5's. I was unsuccessful in finding a rundown for the track championship that year, but found this article - https://www.google.com/amp/s/qctimes...9da86.amp.html. Great to see Gary still winning races!

Quote Originally Posted by 15b24fan View Post
    Even being a young teenager at the time, I will always remember the dominance of Gary Webb's 2000 season at the Dubuque Speedway, winning 16 of 18 races and 17 top 5's.
    That season was something else... Seeing the brown 56 do things on the low side at Dubuque that no other car could match was very entertaining.

Congratulations to Gary and his crew!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirt33 View Post
    That season was something else... Seeing the brown 56 do things on the low side at Dubuque that no other car could match was very entertaining.
    Gary was almost as dominant in '99, winning 13 of 18 weekly plus a Busch or O'Reilly Tour race. With a little more luck he could've gone undefeated in 2000. Darren Miller broke his 15-race winning streak, but Gary was very close at the finish. Then the 18th and final feature he broke on the final lap while leading, allowing Duane Coulson to win (there's a name from the past).

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd95 View Post
    Gary was almost as dominant in '99, winning 13 of 18 weekly plus a Busch or O'Reilly Tour race. With a little more luck he could've gone undefeated in 2000. Darren Miller broke his 15-race winning streak, but Gary was very close at the finish. Then the 18th and final feature he broke on the final lap while leading, allowing Duane Coulson to win (there's a name from the past).
    I believe he won the 1st 15 of the season then Darren Miller won to break the streak. Think ended up 16 of 18 on the season for weekly NASCAR points.

I was talking to a friend about who were the two drivers to beat him. He asked around and thought it was Darren Miller and Steve 'Ace' Ihm. I'm honestly not sure. I tried looking up results and final standings for Dubuque in 2000, but had no luck. I wanted to see the names Webb ran against that year.

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    I believe he won the 1st 15 of the season then Darren Miller won to break the streak. Think ended up 16 of 18 on the season for weekly NASCAR points.
    That's right on. Darren Miller also beat Gary in an Open LM shootout at Dubuque in early August.

Quote Originally Posted by 15b24fan View Post
    I was talking to a friend about who were the two drivers to beat him. He asked around and thought it was Darren Miller and Steve 'Ace' Ihm. I'm honestly not sure. I tried looking up results and final standings for Dubuque in 2000, but had no luck. I wanted to see the names Webb ran against that year.
    I remember it being Duane Coulson winning the final weekly race when Gary broke on the final lap - we were worried that was going to cost him the NASCAR national title but it didn't. Some of his other competition that year would've been Denny Eckrich, Andy Eckrich, Ed Sanger, Darren Mish, Bobby Hansen, Ryan Dolan, Steve Johnson. Boley, Guss and Aikey may have run there some.

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd95 View Post
    I remember it being Duane Coulson winning the final weekly race when Gary broke on the final lap - we were worried that was going to cost him the NASCAR national title but it didn't. Some of his other competition that year would've been Denny Eckrich, Andy Eckrich, Ed Sanger, Darren Mish, Bobby Hansen, Ryan Dolan, Steve Johnson. Boley, Guss and Aikey may have run there some.
    Those were many of the same names I had in mind. Thanks for clearing up the second winner as well!