Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

With the money made off of Dirtvision PPV they could up the purse and bring it to Volusia. They could up the start money and pay better throughout the field. Also, tons of fans from all three divisions would want to sign up for that month of Dirtvision to bring in extra revenue.

If they can run a whole Week of Big Blocks with large purses and no fans then surely they can put up some extra money to make the WoO Finals a success still. Also, since they own Volusia and the series that saves a ton off the bat for them which could be put into the purse.

Maybe I am just dreaming... haha.

any more news on where finals will be held? Flights are looking very reasonable if it stays in NC
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Have not heard a thing. Saw the Cup race October 10th weekend is still up in the air as they submitted a plan to the Governor's office. I am assuming that will determine what they can do with the WoO Finals.

Actually I was given a really interesting update Saturday night. Apparently the decision makers want to keep it at the Dirt Track. But, and there is a huge but ... there is at least one person who is saying that if it cant happen there, they should just cancel the World Finals all together. Talk about a poopy sitiation.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Here is the situation. Can the World Finals survive in Charlotte with 50% of the grandstands ticket sales. There is no chance Cooper allows it to be sold to capacity. The 50% is the BEST case at this point. No guarantee even that much would be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Here is the situation. Can the World Finals survive in Charlotte with 50% of the grandstands ticket sales. There is no chance Cooper allows it to be sold to capacity. The 50% is the BEST case at this point. No guarantee even that much would be allowed.
    How would they choose who gets to go since more than 50% is already sold?
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Would they really have spent the time and money to resurface the track had they not expected to hold the event 3 months later? Instead of putting that off until sometime next year.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Another question: If it’s not at Charlotte & is moved to Volusia (rumors) how would the Volusia tickets be handled? First come first serve or first priority to those presently having Charlotte tickets?
    FWIW: I do understand the tracks are seperate owners- so there would be no transfer of tickets.
    Just wondering- that’s all!

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Would they really have spent the time and money to resurface the track had they not expected to hold the event 3 months later? Instead of putting that off until sometime next year.
    The race the weekend before world finals is a go forsure I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Actually the plan all along was to redo the surface. Also they want to add more seating. Whether the event happens there or not, this was going to happen anyways. But it looks like it just might be all or nothing. It very well could be a there or nowhere situation
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    How would they choose who gets to go since more than 50% is already sold?
    I have no idea on how it would work, maybe a lottery system and refund the ones that dont get tickets. I live in North Carolina and I can guarantee the governor is not going to allow the place to be full. At this point 50% is a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGoFast View Post
    Actually the plan all along was to redo the surface. Also they want to add more seating. Whether the event happens there or not, this was going to happen anyways. But it looks like it just might be all or nothing. It very well could be a there or nowhere situation
    I wish they would put a decent size grandstand on the back stretch with bathrooms underneath, Maybe stands that will seat 3000 or so.

Does anyone know the seating capacity for Charlotte compared to the new seating at Volusia? I go to both World Finals and Winternationals at Volusia- just thinking Volusia seating would be much smaller.
    Also with the purses of the World Finals not being that great for the season ending finals- how many teams and fans would travel to Florida? That’s a long haul for the big block modified teams from their location for 2 nights of racing.

Charlotte is working on the track like they will get to race. That should be expected. But didn't Fayetteville cancel their Ultimate race because of crowd restrictions? It may be one of those thing we won't know an answer until a couple of weeks beforehand.

Foxfire I say car count will be considerably lower this yr w bb mods

foxfire..

Charlotte seats 14,000. Not sure about Volusia.

For what it's worth, I just called the Charlotte ticket office, and they said "As far as they know, everything is still a go".
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

I would too so I can hold your money as long as I need to before issuing any refund
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

They are gonna say whatever they can to sell more tickets.. I'm sure they are setup pretty well for refunds if the race is cancelled..

I doubt they will do a refund, just push it to next year.