Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Still holding your money regardless
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

4 Wide Nationals Cancelled this past weekend......2 weeks before the event....promoters are hanging on as long as is feasible hoping for the best.

Governor Cooper just said outdoor event venues will be able to open at 7% capacity beginning Oct 2.

Doesn't look good for the World Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Governor Cooper just said outdoor event venues will be able to open at 7% capacity beginning Oct 2.

Doesn't look good for the World Finals
    They need to move it now and make sure this event happens in some capacity. I think more so for the WoO sprints because they are having a fantastic points battle and are expecting these final 2 races to decide it.

How did they come up with the 7% number.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

I'm no North Carolinian but I have quite a few friends there... the Governor there seems to be a complete moron. I hate this, was planning on being in Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    How did they come up with the 7% number.
    Takes a total dingleberry to come up with 7%. Seems 10% would have been a nice number.

But if the Dirt Track sells 1000 grandstand tickets and 5000 in the pits that is $600,000. Not sure if that is enough to put on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    I'm no North Carolinian but I have quite a few friends there... the Governor there seems to be a complete moron. I hate this, was planning on being in Charlotte.
    Ain't no " seems to be" to it.......full fledged charlatan.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Now I remember why I quit coming on here, fukin idiots. Worldwide virus, but in one country, it’s political. Because tin foil hats and we are such a self centered country. And both sides have made it that, so you can quit the poor me BS.

In saying that, because y’all are just not being logical, they should run the race, and concerts etc. We have to get back to living, is it great to catch, of course not. But the mortality rate is somewhere in the 1-5% range I believe. We all just need to get back to living. And no masks either.

Did vacation in Gatlinburg last month, and it was great. Life is too short to live in fear of a virus that isn’t that deadly. Now, if I was one of the stats, or my wife and kids, maybe I’d sing another tune. My wife had some of her workers get it, but they lived.

It’s a shame a global virus has been made political here by both of our worthless parties, and y’all just gobble it up.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Hope this governor doesn't plan on getting reelected because its not going to happen

Don't be surprised if he wins re-election. In my country town, no one would ever admit to voting for him, but in Raleigh where my son lives, no one would ever admit to not voting for him. This election is still a toss-up, on the state and national levels. With that said, the World Finals won't happen in NC unless they do it without fans.

If it must be moved I vote for holding it at I-80. .......... What about the TN tracks? Can Volunteer, 411 or Smoky Mountain hold an event this big? How bout Cherokee in SC? ....... But I'd guess the Floridian tracks would fit too.

My guess would be “if” it’s moved-it will go to Volusia since World Racing Group owns the track.

Default Run Away Idle - Excessive RPM

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I would too so I can hold your money as long as I need to before issuing any refund
    Ticket office told me when I called last week that a credit would be issued if no race is held - so dont plan on a refund.

More things will open back up a few weeks before the election... Governor Cooper will claim he 'saved us all' and try to get the vote. The virus is bad, however it should be our choice to stay at home and live in fear or go out and live-as for the mask, if you are afraid you may catch it from me stay at home!

They got a concert at the big track next week i believe

Quote Originally Posted by RayCook53fan View Post
    Can you imagine what sort of situation we would be under right now if we had elected Stacy Abrams?

More thankful for governor shotgun daily.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGH ROLLER View Post
    They got a concert at the big track next week i believe
    Fairly certain it is a 'Drive In" concert....will not be people seated next to each other (unless your together in your car) in the stadium seats...

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    Fairly certain it is a 'Drive In" concert....will not be people seated next to each other (unless your together in your car) in the stadium seats...
    Ok i was wondering about that. Thanks for clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Can you imagine what sort of situation we would be under right now if we had elected Stacy Abrams?

More thankful for governor shotgun daily.
    She surely woulda helped the economic condition, at least the healthcare field.......with all that dental work she needed!

(Yes, the extra spacing between the words was to simulate her medical condition!)