Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Madden rum runner #44

Just read on d o dRum runner car owner looking forward to long future with madden. What are chances madden is with rum runner half way thru next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post
    Just read on d o dRum runner car owner looking forward to long future with madden. What are chances madden is with rum runner half way thru next season?
    I found it interesting that Joey said that they wanted to build a national contender and when him and Overton split they said the opposite. I believe they said they wanted to scale back. Who knows but i am just glad they still have a race team, fewer and fewer these days.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Hdmn View Post
    I found it interesting that Joey said that they wanted to build a national contender and when him and Overton split they said the opposite. I believe they said they wanted to scale back. Who knows but i am just glad they still have a race team, fewer and fewer these days.
    Believe little of what you hear. Lol. Overton tried to tell the truth, but he was filtering himself.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

From what I gathered and this is just my opinion, Overton and Holly couldn't get along. Overton conducted himself very well in interviews when asked questions about the Rum Runner ride. I can't see Brandon as a hard person to get along with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    From what I gathered and this is just my opinion, Overton and Holly couldn't get along. Overton conducted himself very well in interviews when asked questions about the Rum Runner ride. I can't see Brandon as a hard person to get along with.
    That's what I gather. It's always fun to listen through the interview, piece a story together, then ask someone in the know to see if you got it right.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Let’s hope rumor is True. Madden to be a permanent fixture in Late models 👍

Would love to see another Longhorn/Bilstein car on the Lucas tour next year.

Madden was saying the same sh!t when he got with bloomer last year lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Madden was saying the same sh!t when he got with bloomer last year lol
    Don't know if it's true, but it's been said he was having trouble getting paid. If that's the case, pretty good reason to leave.

Madden will stay with the rum runner Until there is a bump in the road That’s when he took jump ship It’s all fine and dandy. When everything is going your way. But, the first sign of adversity. He will be looking for another ride. Madden can drive no doubt it. But have to take the good and bad times

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Don't know if it's true, but it's been said he was having trouble getting paid. If that's the case, pretty good reason to leave.
    He’s jumped ship many of times. I think he ran real good in the Barry Wright car. Hard to be real successful. If you don’t stay with one team for very long

Where did he go after he left Barry? Maybe it was a better offer? I've never disliked the guy, but was never impressed with his personality.
    It wasn't but a short year ago that everyone was slobbering at the mention of his name on here, what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Where did he go after he left Barry? Maybe it was a better offer? I've never disliked the guy, but was never impressed with his personality. It wasn't but a short year ago that everyone was slobbering at the mention of his name on here, what happened?
    If memory serves me correctly Madden nearly darn win the woo points championship driving Barry wright chassisTo be honest n/s who drove for after WrightIf your winningYour name is being mentioned a lot
    Last edited by Dirt Racing #1; 08-25-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Racing #1 View Post
    Considering that both have a tendency to not stay committed very long, then I will be surprised if that were to actually happen. With that being said, it would be a good sign for both if that were to occur.

They will have trouble the first time holly acts like he knows more about big time slm dirt racing than Chris does.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Chris drove Barry Wright's house car and then the next off season was offered a ride for Bruening in the ride that Clanton is in now and that didn't go very well and Madden was not winning like they thought he should and they fired him now keep in mind that Breuning and them drive capital race cars and i don't believe madden has ever drove a capital at all but i could be wrong. Madden was out of that ride and then he went to Bloomquist

Another bridge for Madden to burn.

Oh is that so Madden burns bridges. Which bridges has he burned?????

It always seems like Madden has another door opening before he closes the one he's in. The last 4 rides he has been in, not counting the Bloomquist ride, he really wasn't setting dirt late model racing on fire. The bwrc are showing signs of speed. The capital cars may run well at your local Saturday night track but they are junk running a touring series. Him and Bloomquist, who the heck knows ? Money ? All speculation. I do know this much, the car fit his driving style to a tee. I think there was a huge ego problem in that camp and the 2 alfa dogs just didn't mesh as some thought they would.

How does Madden feed his family and pay his bills? That could be the answer. I hope he comes here to Lancaster for the WOO event next week.