FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 25, 2020

McIntosh Scores $5,000 Southern All-Star Victory
Fall Nationals at Smoky Mountain Next

DAWSONVILLE, Ga. (08/25/20) – Donald McIntosh took his Blount Motorsports No. 7m Ole Ben Franklin Motors/ Stowers Cat/ Rocket Chassis/ Vic Hill Racing Engine Super Late Model to Victory Lane for the third time this season Saturday.

His most recent triumph came at I-75 Raceway in Sweetwater, Tenn. where topped the 28-car field to claim a $5,000 Southern All-Star Racing Series payday.

After sitting out a nearly two-hour rain delay, McIntosh topped the speed charts in Group B of time trials to lock his spot into the 50-lap main event. Inheriting the lead on lap 18 after the leader went up in smoke, Donald ran away with his third win of the season over David Webb, Tyler Millwood, Jason Hiett, and Jason Manley.

“A lot of luck,” McIntosh said of the key to his performance. “I’ll be honest with you, before we started the feature, after that hot-lap session, we parked up there and it wouldn’t even back up. We thought the ring-and-pinion was so sharp it wouldn’t back, so I figured we’d run three laps. (Crew Chief) David (Bryant) said, ‘Ah, no, you’ll get 10 laps in.’ I was just waiting for it to break. Evidently it was just a ring gear bolt backed out or something.”

For full results from this event, please visit www.SASDirt.com.

McIntosh will enjoy a weekend off before returning to the driver’s seat on Saturday, Sept. 5 at Smoky Mountain Speedway in Maryville, Tenn. The $5,000-to-win, Rockin’ with the Stars Hall of Fame 100, kicks off the Schaeffer’s Fall Nationals Series.

To learn more about this event, please visit www.SmokyMountainSpeedway.com.

Donald McIntosh would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Stowers (CAT) Machinery Corp., Walker’s Truck Contractors, Blount Excavating, Motion Control Suspension, Massey Electric, Turner Hydraulics, Ole Ben Franklin Motors, DR Investments, Food City, The Wine and Spirits Cellar and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Donald McIntosh, please visit www.DonaldMcIntoshRacing.com .