FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 25, 2020

Rodney Sanders Doubles Down in USMTS Weekend Action
USMTS Labor Day Weekend Tripleheader Up Next

HAPPY, Tex. (08/25/20) – On Friday Rodney Sanders raced to the 105th United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) triumph of his career with a win at Lake Ozark Speedway.

The next night at Salina Highbanks Speedway, the driver of the Wichita Tank Racing No. 20 Kenny’s Tile/ ARMI Contractors/ MB Customs/ Hatfield Racing Engine Modified was at it again with his second-straight victory.

The weekend victories pushed Sanders’ 2020-win tally to 16.

On Thursday Sanders kicked off the weekend at Dallas County Speedway in Urbana, Mo. for the second annual Bullring Bash. In a field of 29 cars, Sanders recorded a fourth-place finish in his heat race, transferring him into the B-Main for another shot at the opening night feature.

Gaining one spot to take home the 10-lap victory, Rodney earned the 13th-starting position for the A-Main. Breaking into the Top-5, Sanders marched forward nine spots to register a fourth-place finish behind Tony Jackson Jr., Joe Duvall, and Terry Phillips with Jason Hughes coming in fifth.

The following night at Lake Ozark Speedway in Eldon, Mo. for the Battle at the Beach, Rodney secured his spot into the main event with a runner-up finish in his heat behind Dereck Ramirez.

Overtaking Ramirez on the fifth lap, Sanders cruised to his 15th win of the season over Ramirez, Tyler Wolff, Jason Hughes, and Tanner Mullens. Taking the checkers 3.502 seconds ahead of Ramirez, Sanders pocketed $3,000.

For the 8th Annual ARMI Salute to our Veterans on Saturday evening at Salina Highbanks Speedway in Pryor Creek, Okla., Sanders passed four cars in his heat race to place second behind Jason Hughes.

Earning the third-starting position for the A-Main, Rodney overtook polesitter Jared Russell for the lead on the fifth lap and paced the field for the next 27 circuits on the bottom groove.

With Tyler Wolff blasting past for the lead on the high-side after a caution, Sanders remained consistent on the bottom as Wolff began battling the cushion in the closing laps.

Sneaking back by Wolff on the white flag, Rodney rolled to his second-straight win over Wolff, Terry Phillips, Jake O’Neil, and Tanner Mullens. Collecting a $3,000 prize, Rodney Sanders tailed his 16th win of 2020.

“There was little bit of moisture on the bottom but it was kind of slimy if you got too low,” Sanders revealed in victory lane. “I felt like if I hit my marks I was good down there, but you had to be so slow. We lapped a car and I felt better in the middle and then Tyler came flying by me.

“Him and his dad help me a lot. If I couldn't have won this deal I was hoping it’d be him.”

The Wolff family’s Arkansas Myriad, Inc. (ARMI) is a sponsor on Sanders’s MBC Customs ride—as well as many other competitors—and picked up the tab to give free admission to veterans and active military attending Saturday night’s 8th Annual ARMI Salute to our Veterans

The USMTS returns to action Friday, Saturday and Sunday, September 4-6. The traditional Labor Day excursion includes stops at Chateau Speedway in Lansing, Minn. on Friday followed by Deer Creek Speedway in Spring Valley, Minn. On Saturday. The weekend wraps up Sunday at Fayette County Speedway in West Union, Iowa.

Rodney has strengthened his lead to 151 points over Dereck Ramirez in the battle for the USMTS National Championship. For more information on these events, please visit www.USMTS.com.

Rodney Sanders would like to thank all of his sponsors including Wichita Tank Racing, ARMI Contractors, Mesilla Valley Transportation, S&S Fishing and Rental, Kenny’s Tile, MB Customs, Hatfield Race Engines, Hibner Logging, Bergman Tax and Accounting, Paulson Rock Products, Integra Shocks, Swift Springs, FK Rod Ends, CMD Race Shocks, Wehrs Machine, 87 Automotive, Keyser Manufacturing, Allstar Performance, Speedway Motors, Schoenfeld Headers, JE Pistons, Walker Performance Filtration, Rodney Sanders Racing, Day Motorsports, Real Wheels, Palmer Painting, Deatherage Opticians, Wilwood Brakes, PEM Rearends, Winning Edge Carburetors, McCartney Welding, Simpson Race Products, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Rodney Sanders, please visit www.RodneySandersRacing.net.