FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 25, 2020

Tony Jackson Jr. Edges Duvall in USMTS Thriller
Repeats in Russ Wallace Memorial

LEBANON, Mo. (08/25/20) – Tony Jackson Jr. finally shook the monkey off his back last week, and he done so in triumphant fashion. The Missouri driver went to Victory Lane at two different venues in two separate divisions.

Jackson put his Willard Quarries No. 56 ATK Properties/ Swift Springs/ Hughes Racing Chassis Modified in Victory Lane Thursday at Dallas County Speedway. He followed that with a triumph at Tri-City Speedway in his Merrill Self Storage No. J65 Willard Quarries/ Hassett Truck Body Repair/ Barry Wright Icon Race Car/ Cornett Racing Engine Super Late Model on Friday.

Tony Jackson Jr. returned to the seat of his Modified on Thursday evening at Dallas County Speedway (Urbana, Mo.) for the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) sanctioned Bullring Bash.

Charging forward four spots in his heat race to finish second behind Joe Duvall, Tony earned the fifth-starting position for the opening night feature. After contact with an infield yuke tire in the early going slowed his march toward the front, Jackson began closing in on race-long leader Joe Duvall late as he worked through lapped-traffic.

Powering past Duvall on the final lap, Tony soared to his first career USMTS victory over Duvall, Terry Phillips, Rodney Sanders, and Jason Hughes. He pocketed a $2,500 payday for his first win of the season.

“Oh man, I’ve won a lot of races but never won a USMTS race,” Jackson told the capacity crowd after the win. “Man, what a racy racetrack.

“I had a good battle with (Terry) Phillips there and then I ended up hitting a yuke tire about halfway through or something and it kind of got me messed up, then Joe got bundled up there in lapped traffic and he hit a yuke tire there and that’s essentially what let me get by him there.”

The following night at Tri-City Speedway (Granite City, Ill.) behind the wheel of the Willard Quarries No. J65 Late Model for the Russ Wallace Memorial, Jackson laid down the fastest lap overall in time trials before picking up a heat race victory.

Outrunning fellow front-row starter Daryn Klein in the feature, Tony rolled to his second win in as many nights over Klein, Mark Voigt, Matt Bailey, and Billy Lay(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Tallying his second win of the season, Jackson earned $2,000.

“It’s great to finally be able to put a whole night together with our Barry Wright Icon powered by Cornett,” Jackson noted. “Hopefully we’ve got this monkey off our back and finish out the season strong.”

Full results from these events are available at www.USMTS.com and www.TriCitySpeedway.net.

Tentatively, a Labor Day Weekend doubleheader with the Lucas Oil MLRA is next on the docket for Tony Jackson Jr. The weekend includes a trip to Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo. on Saturday, Sept. 5, followed by a stop a Quincy Raceway in Quincy, Ill. on Sunday, Sept. 6. Both events will pay $5,000 to the win.

To learn more about these events, please visit www.MLRARacing.com.

Tony Jackson Jr. would to like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include Merrill Self Storage, Willard Quarries, Willard Quarries Auto Resources, Champion Oil, Merrill Bonding, Hassett Truck Body Repair, Levi Storage, Becky Burk Realtor, Barry Wright Icon Race Cars, Cornett Racing Engines, JRi Shocks, Allgaier, Swift Springs, Go Lithium Batteries, Winning Edge Carburetors, Base Fuel, Hoosier Midwest by Zoo, Modern Images, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For more information on Tony Jackson Jr. Motorsports, please visit his official internet home at www.TonyJacksonJr.com as well as the team's Facebook Fan Page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tony-J...r/497367940564 .