Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN View Post
    yes its a new devise
    Yes it is and it is sitting in the drivers seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mams View Post
    Did Rumley bring his device?
    That thing is outdated. He may have something new though.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Yes it is and it is sitting in the drivers seat.
    👆👆👆👆👆 yep! Its called the "KL DEVICE"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    00hdm, somebody still has to drive it correctly. Schatz has mark richards help and can't make a show like this. We all know he ain't lacking talent or equipment.

I'll give Larson won easiest heat, track to sprint car guy liking, etc but he smoked superman who isn't lacking. I didn't expect that. 2nd with that lineup, byes, domination, no. Feature will be different track and very interesting to see how unfolds
    Schatz has Richards advice but he isn’t doing everything to the car, I’m not down playing Larson’s ability because it is real, dude is as good as it gets but if people still think that Rumley isn’t one or possibly the smartest guy in the pits they are oblivious to what he has done!

Davenport is lacking speed and it has definitely shown, still consistent just can’t put the whole program together this year. You need to qualify, then win heats and then have a feature car and that just hasn’t been the case.

What if Booby wrecks him? 🤭
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    What if Booby wrecks him? 來
    That’s too funny! That last sprint race highlights I saw the guy tried to spin him out and he saved and then ran his a$$ back down and won. If you haven’t seen it, it was really impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtracing62 View Post
    Kyle Larson will learn a lot this weekend. He is extremely talented and has proven he can win in anything. With that being said it appears there will be 50-60 cars there and it will be the best of the best. Being realistic I think Larson will struggle to make the feature tonight, he will make it and run Top 10 Friday, and he will run Top 5 on Saturday.I would not be shocked if we won one night, but I would be surprised.Now the important part - can you buy a Kyle Larson Late Model t-shirt online? And if so, where?
    Yes. We ordered two this morning. Just search Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    What if Booby wrecks him? 來
    Dude, please go away and let the rest of us talk racing.

Didn't know you or B.K owned the forum.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Dilner picks Larson to win!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Yes. We ordered two this morning. Just search Facebook.
    There pre orders right now. Kylelarsonracing.com blue or black t shirts, black hoodie.

finished in 5th wow is all i can say

Holy smokes that was unreal, just like every time I’ve seen him win. Him and Owens battling was epic. TMac though was the real class of the evening! Wow he was hooked up!

Larson is a modern day (and better IMO) version of Jack Hewitt. His talent for driving anything on dirt is pretty rare.

I do want to see how he is at conserving tires and how well he adapts to a much heavier car in the slick, but I suspect he’ll be fine.

Can Larson win in a LM? Watch the Port video, and study the finishing order.....lotta vets behind him. An impressive performance especially for a FIRST TIME EFFORT, no matter how you spin it.

I am an outsider I know, so some of my observations will be a little more sprint car centric.

Having watch Kyle live quite a few times in winged sprint, non-wing sprint and midget (was hoping to see him in a LM at Knoxville, but unfortunately not this year for sure).

Kyle has traits from a lot of drivers, diverse like Hewitt, can finesse a car like Wolfgang (I haven't seen anyone be able to diamond the corner at Knoxville like Wolfgang until Larson), will to win like Steve Kinser, and aggressiveness of Sammy Swindell. The big thing is, he can drive on any race surface or track conditions and dare I say, is better when it's slick than when it's heavy.

His limitation is he simply drives the car and readily admits he isn't mechanical, so his feedback is probably lacking compared to other drivers that know how to work on the car. Don't know if this is actually a detriment in today's world, but definitely is when it comes to dirt racing.

Tire conservation, don't know if it's setup or him, but I know his sprint car owner is notorious for running used tires and they typically still have more tire left after the feature than everyone else. Guessing he has less wheel spin maybe?

I will readily admit I didn't watch last night, and have no plans to watch tonight or Saturday, but I have no doubt that he is driving a car that is capable of running top 5 all 3 nights.

Do I think he could win? Yes.

Do I think he will win? No, but mostly due to his lack of laps in the car. I think from a driver standpoint, he is one of the top drivers in the world right now IMO. What type of car he's in and what type of track he's on has no bearing on that.

In the event he does win one night this week, promotors will be knocking his door down with offers to pay them to run a race at their track so they can pack the stands (If they aren't already), and sprint car and late model drivers and team owners will be lobbying Hendrick or Stewart-Haas to get him back in a Cup car before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by vande07 View Post
    I am an outsider I know, so some of my observations will be a little more sprint car centric.

Having watch Kyle live quite a few times in winged sprint, non-wing sprint and midget (was hoping to see him in a LM at Knoxville, but unfortunately not this year for sure).

Kyle has traits from a lot of drivers, diverse like Hewitt, can finesse a car like Wolfgang (I haven't seen anyone be able to diamond the corner at Knoxville like Wolfgang until Larson), will to win like Steve Kinser, and aggressiveness of Sammy Swindell. The big thing is, he can drive on any race surface or track conditions and dare I say, is better when it's slick than when it's heavy.

His limitation is he simply drives the car and readily admits he isn't mechanical, so his feedback is probably lacking compared to other drivers that know how to work on the car. Don't know if this is actually a detriment in today's world, but definitely is when it comes to dirt racing.

Tire conservation, don't know if it's setup or him, but I know his sprint car owner is notorious for running used tires and they typically still have more tire left after the feature than everyone else. Guessing he has less wheel spin maybe?

I will readily admit I didn't watch last night, and have no plans to watch tonight or Saturday, but I have no doubt that he is driving a car that is capable of running top 5 all 3 nights.

Do I think he could win? Yes.

Do I think he will win? No, but mostly due to his lack of laps in the car. I think from a driver standpoint, he is one of the top drivers in the world right now IMO. What type of car he's in and what type of track he's on has no bearing on that.

In the event he does win one night this week, promotors will be knocking his door down with offers to pay them to run a race at their track so they can pack the stands (If they aren't already), and sprint car and late model drivers and team owners will be lobbying Hendrick or Stewart-Haas to get him back in a Cup car before the end of the season.
    Hey, buddy, I just want to say, I agree with every word. You aren’t an outsider. Your posts are always awesome. Like classic poetry. Your posts remind me of how it used to be on this site 20 years ago. We are witnessing history right now, and I hope everyone understands that. Kyle Larson is a generational type talent. It doesn’t happen often, so enjoy it while you can.

Yes Larson finished 5th.. but he was running 3rd and a car length from 2nd with 3/4 of a lap to go. So this wasn't 5th that he got because he was running 7th a half lap back and two guys had flats. Probably tried too hard on the last lap and it cost him but he was going for it.

I was surprised overall, he has talent without a doubt. My question is this.. assuming they have the World Finals can Larson be the first to win two features on the same night?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Yes Larson finished 5th.. but he was running 3rd and a car length from 2nd with 3/4 of a lap to go. So this wasn't 5th that he got because he was running 7th a half lap back and two guys had flats.
    Amen. The official finish was 5th, but he was 2-3 easily.

He will dominate the lm world SOON!