Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

^from Andy savary

Larson did look very good in his heat race I must say...

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Kicked ass. From the front row...
    Won by almost a full straightaway over the guy they call Superman, the best late model racing has to offer!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Won by almost a full straightaway over the guy they call Superman, the best late model racing has to offer!
    Davenport is as good as it gets but he hasn’t been the same since Kevin went with TMac this year.

Davenport can't find his way out of a wet paper bag in that ride most of this season.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Haha, I love Larson, but “Superman” isn’t even a Top Ten guy this year.

Did Tmac just say that he won't be there tomorrow night that he is goin to race somewhere else tomorrow night

Larson went toe to toe with a grizzled veteran who is said to be the best late model driver in the world today. Larson was not the least intimidated. I think the question as to whether Larson can run with the late model badasses in his FIRST start is answered.

Owens didn't seem to want to talk about Larson in the podium interview. Maybe he didn't want to talk about being run very hard by a guy that first sat in a late model about a week ago. I think everyone can agree that Larson was the show tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Did Tmac just say that he won't be there tomorrow night that he is goin to race somewhere else tomorrow night
    No, he doesn't have a ride back to New York after Saturday. He had a bunch of friends from New York at the track tonight but they have to go back to race Can-Am Speedway Friday night.

Larson definitely ran him hard but it was all good. It seemed like Owens gave him a lot of room when he could’ve slammed to door a couple times. Either way, that was fun to watch. It’s just going to increase the anticipation for the rest of the weekend. Pierce and a Sheppard came on pretty strong at the end too. A lot to look forward to from an entertainment standpoint. I don’t know that I’ve barely heard of Port Royal before about last year but they’ve definitely put themselves on the map with all these big races this year.
    Last edited by GregA12; 08-28-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Hard racing. I’ll bet that’s why Jimmy didn’t say much. They’ll have to get used to seeing Kyle Larson in a late model if he’s having fun. He noted that they pay better than sprints.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate the rest of the weekend
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

30 lap race. Let’s do a 100 lap race with Larson in the car.

Larson finished 5th. Now now don’t get those panties all wadded up. Nothing too special YET.

Larson finished 5th but he was definitely the show. Guy has 6 laps at Cherokee, maybe another 80 at Friendship- goes to first race against the best in the business wins heat, drives from 6th to 3rd on the outside of the toughest driver this year.... Hits the wall coming off four at the checkered, I can't wait to see 'special'....

You’re the one that’s special there flyboy. Always on here putting you’re foot in your mouth. The guy was running 3rd in a Lucas race his first time in a late model, do yiu understand how hard that is to do? Obviously not, but this ain’t some local or regional show these are professionals and he made most of them look like amateurs. If you don’t think what you saw last night was special, then you’re just a tard

Larson went toe to toe with a grizzled veteran who is said to be the best late model driver in the world today. Larson was not the least intimidated. I think the question as to whether Larson can run with the late model badasses in his FIRST start is answered.Owens didn't seem to want to talk about Larson in the podium interview. Maybe he didn't want to talk about being run very hard by a guy that first sat in a late model about a week ago. I think everyone can agree that Larson was the show tonight.
    The real question is how are those carpal tunnel hands gonna hold up beating off for 3 straight broadcasts? Although your boy did impress this field mouse.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I've seen Larson in person 5 times this year. 1 in midget & 4 in outlaws. In those races, worst finish of 2nd in the midget at Kokomo & Friday night at Knoxville. 3 wins.

When I watch him do some of the things he is doing, I wonder if this is what it felt like to watch AJ Foyt or Mario Andretti back in the 50's & 60's when they were still running a fair amount of dirt. He is doing things that are on a whole other level.

Quote Originally Posted by chathamracefan View Post
    I've seen Larson in person 5 times this year. 1 in midget & 4 in outlaws. In those races, worst finish of 2nd in the midget at Kokomo & Friday night at Knoxville. 3 wins.

When I watch him do some of the things he is doing, I wonder if this is what it felt like to watch AJ Foyt or Mario Andretti back in the 50's & 60's when they were still running a fair amount of dirt. He is doing things that are on a whole other level.
    Very insightful post, that one will make you think a little......nice.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Larson needs to goto the world finals and race all 3 classes, someone give him a BB mod ride plz.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.