Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Larson went toe to toe with a grizzled veteran who is said to be the best late model driver in the world today. Larson was not the least intimidated. I think the question as to whether Larson can run with the late model badasses in his FIRST start is answered.

Owens didn't seem to want to talk about Larson in the podium interview. Maybe he didn't want to talk about being run very hard by a guy that first sat in a late model about a week ago. I think everyone can agree that Larson was the show tonight.
    yep , he put on a good show for the fourth looser , lol....go "O" .....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    So which driver was the fourth tighter?

Well worth getting home at 238AM on a work night. I love Port Royal and try to make 4 or 5 races a year. I won't lie, I went specifically to see Larson make his DLM debut, as did many other fans. For the first time taking competitive laps, he more than held his own against a "whose who" of drivers. A podium finish would have been icing on the cake. The atmosphere for a Thursday night was fantastic with a very good sized crowd. Overall Port Royal, the LOLMS and Larson did not disappoint. Hopefully the weather cooperates for the next two nights.

Originally Posted by Rajflyboy

30 lap race. Let’s do a 100 lap race with Larson in the car
    Larson won a 100 lap/100 mile race on a dirt track less than a week ago. His ability, talent, skill level is without question. Try another angle.

Originally Posted by WisWildManFan

The real question is how are those carpal tunnel hands gonna hold up beating off for 3 straight broadcasts?
    On one hand it's kinda' cool that everything I post triggers you into obsession. On the other hand your references and apparent constant infatuation with adolescent male sexual gratification fantasy's is just a bit creepy. Are you on a pedophile registry somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    Isn't it "loser"?

Larson didn't just put on a show. He was the show. Owens, who is touted to be the hottest dirt late model driver in the world, sure couldn't keep a guy that hadn't set in the seat of a DLM until less than a week ago behind him. Larson trying a bit too hard to run 2nd is all that allowed Owen's to slip by on the last lap. The upstart Larson embarrassed Owens most of the A-main and it was apparent by the omission of any mention of Larson in the podium interview that Owens was just a bit resentful because of it. It was just a bit surprising that through Owens frustration he didn't rough Larson up a bit while he was showing Owens up.

The only reason he was the show is because his name, he didn't do anything spectacular he finished 5th on a hammer down track that wasn't racy. Still impressed with him and he is a great talent but until I see him actually have to work through traffic on a dry slick track I'll keep from crowning him the best dirt latemodel driver ever. CIRF make sure you rotate hands and ice down as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason87 View Post
    The only reason he was the show is because his name, he didn't do anything spectacular he finished 5th on a hammer down track that wasn't racy. Still impressed with him and he is a great talent but until I see him actually have to work through traffic on a dry slick track I'll keep from crowning him the best dirt latemodel driver ever. CIRF make sure you rotate hands and ice down as needed.
    i heard from a friend that he can switch hands without missing a stroke ......................... IMPRESSIVE !

With that field of cars it was really impressive what young money did. If he didn't push so hard on that last lap a podium finish was there for the taking. Dang impressive I say. Weather may ruin his fun the next 2 nights but I'm wondering if Rumley has found a new driver for when he decides to take the 6 car out to play. JD watching him put a full straightaway on him had to hurt. Bradon Shepperd playing with the big boys, he needs some of that so that when he goes woo racing he'll go back to dominating the weaker league. Would love to see team rocket go lucas racing for a season.

In the running for post of the day...
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Isn't it "loser"?Larson didn't just put on a show. He was the show. Owens, who is touted to be the hottest dirt late model driver in the world, sure couldn't keep a guy that hadn't set in the seat of a DLM until less than a week ago behind him. Larson trying a bit too hard to run 2nd is all that allowed Owen's to slip by on the last lap. The upstart Larson embarrassed Owens most of the A-main and it was apparent by the omission of any mention of Larson in the podium interview that Owens was just a bit resentful because of it. It was just a bit surprising that through Owens frustration he didn't rough Larson up a bit while he was showing Owens up.
    I get that Larson did incredibly well for his debut race and may even win tonight, but how exactly is trying to knock the wall down to stay in front of someone embarrassing them?

Being a points event and seeing TMac leading the race and knowing he's run well recently I don't think Owens is going to take the chance of running a non Lucas regular hard and risking a top 5. Especially on the first night.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

For someone CIRF feels its necessary to boast about how much better sprints are than late models, I enjoy both don't think one is better than the other but he has a hard on the size of Mt.Rushemore for sprints. I dont see latemodel guys go into the sprint page and post as much as he does here. Think little brother syndrome may fit for him.

First off, kudos to Port Royal for being able to get the track in great racing condition after the rain. The track was smooth and obviously the high side was dominant with a nice cushion as a result of the rain. One thing to keep in mind, this was a 30 lap race and the track was quickly changing in the last 5 laps or so…the cushion was getting very difficult to manage and cars (Owens) that were working a groove or two lower were starting to exit two and four faster. I think within a few laps this lower groove(s) would have been able to keep pace off the corners or just be able to keep ahead of the guys bouncing off the cushion.

Second, kudos to Kyle Larson for a great run in his first late model race. Whether or not it was top dominant and not slicked off is irrelevant. If he had done the same thing on a slicked off track, the detractors would be saying “well let’s see how he handles a big cushion.” Has there ever been a driver that has been able to do this right out of the chute? Not that I recall. His ability to deal with the air/aero complaints we hear so often was impressive. His comments after the race were interesting in he didn’t really have a problem following other cars. Either it is a result of him knowing how to deal with it in Nascar or with the winged sprints or Rumley has found a way to gain incredible mechanical grip and keep the car planted.

Finally, kudos to Jimmy Owens. Owens could have slammed the door on Larson numerous times, but was respectful and gave Larson room on the high side. I don’t think he was embarrassed, but rather drove a smart race and was slowly working the lower groove and making it slowly work while the others were flirting with the cushion. It was only a matter of time that he was going to pass Larson in that lower groove. If you have watched him all year, when he is out front he runs the same way and when he is behind (not much this year) he typically can run lower and straighter than others and not have to rely on a cushion to be fast.

Maybe I missed it, but why didn't Overton jump in up there this weekend?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    So which driver was the fourth tighter?
    he was both ...lol....that dont happen with me much , but thanks for pointing it out......

He will be the best ever you watch. I'm changing my name again. I think "DLM KING KYLE"will do

Isn't it "loser"?

Larson didn't just put on a show. He was the show. Owens, who is touted to be the hottest dirt late model driver in the world, sure couldn't keep a guy that hadn't set in the seat of a DLM until less than a week ago behind him. Larson trying a bit too hard to run 2nd is all that allowed Owen's to slip by on the last lap. The upstart Larson embarrassed Owens most of the A-main and it was apparent by the omission of any mention of Larson in the podium interview that Owens was just a bit resentful because of it. It was just a bit surprising that through Owens frustration he didn't rough Larson up a bit while he was showing Owens up.
    yep , your right , larson was the 4th "loser" , dam , after i mentioned your grammar a while back , i guess it came back to me...lol...BTW , i like larson and have always pulled for him , i just like JIMMY better because i actually know him , so dont take it personal when i defend him against you or any one else.......

Quote Originally Posted by T0PSIDE TIMMY 39FAN View Post
    He will be the best ever you watch. I'm changing my name again. I think "DLM KING KYLE"will do

🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭 🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫 ur too fummy phil

Quote Originally Posted by T0PSIDE TIMMY 39FAN View Post
    Why not just change it to "I'M A LONGHORN PUFFER" and be done with it?
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSIDE TIMMY 39FAN View Post
    來來來來來來來 狼狼狼狼狼狼狼狼狼 ur too fummy phil
    They know it's me richie... Calm down already! HAHAHAHAHAHA