Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I’m not the least bit surprised. You could see how disgusted Sheppard was. But you know what, just because that’s the only car you’ve ever driven doesn’t mean you’re the best in that class.
    You guys are forgetting that Larson has waaaaaay more experience and felt waaaaaaaay more things in a race car than anyone in the field tonight.
    Larson is a race car driver, get over it.
    I’m sure everyone in the field will now (in their mind) put an asterisk beside any win they get going forward, because they’ll wonder what it would’ve been had Larson have been there.

Beginners luck. 😉

Someone get him a USMTS mod ride to round out his dirt resume’.

With Overton Not there and the 20 Forced to start in the back and the fact that it was only 50 Laps .. all contributed to the win although B Shepp is strong.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 08-30-2020 at 07:54 AM.

He got it done, period. I said by Saturday he had a chance. After all the rain port royal had a great track come feature time. They were running different lines all through the corners. Shep said he was saving tires and I was surprised to hear Larson say he ran it hard for a couple laps then back down so as not to spin the tires. If anyone didn't like that race your lost. We must give credit to Rumley to because neither he nor KL expected the win. I liked when he said the 6 car may have a few more races planned with Kyle. Interesting, I sure hope so. We now understand who made JD king. Impressed by many last night in oh so many ways. Some guy over at hose heads forum had a open letter to Roger Penske saying you better sign young money up American driver winning indy. Go for it Kyle, give us fans that love to see you on dirt more opportunities then if you went nascrap racing.

Rumley is impressive to say the least. He put this Larson deal together and brought a very good race car for him to drive. Why did JD leave that car a few years back?

Rajflyboy,So what you are telling us all is that 80% of Sheppard's, Overton's, and Owen's wins this year mean nothing this year because they started on the front row? Oh okay. Oh and that they mean even less because out of all those victories only 20% of them were with all 3 of those drivers entered in the same event. You are so smart. Wish I was as informed as you are.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

I just enjoy more passing. Is that ok? This is racing right? I just don’t want too many rules in big time slm racing. We don’t need all the cars being too close in lap times. Larson is good but he will move back up to the big leagues and things will get back to normal here. Why did JD and a Rumley part ways? That was a very special combination.

While I'm not the least bit surprised larson won. Im a fan but i do think this was a little bit of a Cinderella story. I don't think Sheppard was bothered by the fact that larson won i think he was bothered by all the cautions. He clearly had a better car in the long runs and in the early part of the race was just pacing larson to take care of his tires. I think he was so disgusted in victory lane because he could've passed the guy earlier but didn't push the envelope beings it was so early in the race.

Just sent Kyle a P.M. to see if he wants to drive my hornet at Peoria next week.
    8/13/16

JD and Rumley’s split because the Rumley’s wanted to scale back and not run a full national tour. They’d went out and proved what they wanted to prove with JD. JD wanted to keep going after championships.

Enjoys more passing...

Lives in the south....

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Just sent Kyle a P.M. to see if he wants to drive my hornet at Peoria next week.
    Great choice! He couldn't do any worse then you...

Check them there tars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Rumley is impressive to say the least. He put this Larson deal together and brought a very good race car for him to drive. Why did JD leave that car a few years back?
    JD was experiencing toxic poisoning from tire fumes. He's now experiencing withdrawals...

That is right we need talent like that

Larson is without a doubt the best dirt racer in the world today. Maybe ever! You don't have to admit it to know it's true. LOL!

Except for Thursday nite!

He's not quite ready to take the goat crown from the Zero!

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Great choice! He couldn't do any worse then you...
    250 to win on the 19th. I'd split that purse with him.🙃
    8/13/16