Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rick Eckert Grandson

Just read on FB that his grandson was severely burned at Port Royal and has been life flighted. Prayers to to all involved. And prayers this isn’t true.

Prayers for the Eckert family. Rick has always been one of the nicest people in racing. Hate this happens to anyone’s children or grandchildren. Praying for them tonight.

Terrible news from DRO FB PRAYERS NEEDED for RICK ECKERT’S 5 year old GRANDSON and family. He was severely burned tonight requiring life flight. The only details I know are what has been posted in the comments of the attached post. Apparently when refueling the race car the fuel ignited and got onto Rick’s grandson causing burns all over his head, face, shoulders and hands 😰🙏Father God lay your protective hand on this child and draw near his parents and grandparents. In the name of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior Amen 🙏

Prayers for the Eckert family. May the guy have a fast and full recovery. And his parents also
    This is terrible new.

Oh my gosh, so terrible. Sending prayers!

Prayers to Ricks family.

Oh lord I can honestly say I know what it’s like to pray and I’ll be saying some for this child and the family.

It hurts bad to hear about something like that happening to a child so young. Hoping for a quick recovery for him and the entire family.

Prayers. Hopefully things aren’t as bad as they look and the youngster will be ok. Let’s pray.

This is horrible. I know Rick has to be so upset, along with everyone involved.
    I also don't think any 5 yr old should be that close to a car, while refueling or firing up, etc.

Agreed, don’t think small children should be in pits period. That discussion can be for another day. Prayers to the family.

Just come across this on Facebook.

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

not to take away from the subject. but ive heard of this happening a few times already this year.. Anyone know what causes the fuel to ignite when refueling?

I pray for this child,Rick and all of his family,and everyone else involved in this tragic accident. I so hated to hear of this.
    Formerly 66#1

I have no idea what the circumstances of this terrible situation was. When fueling static electricity can cause terrible outcomes. Again, this is very unfortunate. Pray for a speedy recovery.

Lord, be with Lennox today, his parents & grandparents.

Grant them comfort & peace in the name of Jesus.
    Give the doctors wisdom in how to provide the best care/treatment possible to little Lennox and his family.

Your word says..."by your stripes we are healed," so claim that healing power for Lennox, in the name of Jesus.

AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by Loobs_07 View Post
    not to take away from the subject. but ive heard of this happening a few times already this year.. Anyone know what causes the fuel to ignite when refueling?
    I've heard it's the filter in the funnel igniting.

Do they have a ground wire when fueling the cars? And would that actually help?

godspeed to all the family, its really tuff when its the youngsters