Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Prayers for little Lennox, and his family.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

So sad to hear about all of this. We have very smart people in the industry. I feel this problem could be solved with some well thought out ideas. I did read that aeration of the fuel and static is the primary factor. Tough hearing about little ones getting hurt badly at the track.

Mark Richards' twitter comments come from a guy who knows more than most of us and should be listened to. These fueling fires have happened too many times this season and when it affects a child like Eckert's grandson it's past time to address this problem. There's a lot of knowledgeable people in the racing biz and we should welcome their input on this. Fuel is always dangerous and we should do all we can to lessen the danger. Burns are a very painful thing to go through.

Best hopes and thoughts to Rick's whole family.

So sad to hear. And 5 years old. Any age, burns would be horrendous, but a child, and bad, just very sad. The two good ones I’ve had, I don’t wanna even imagine what that little boy is going through. Zero comparison.

And Rick has always seemed like a cool, caring, good hearted guy. Always been a fan. What him and their family must be going through.

Growing up we always used paper filters with a mesh insert. I don’t now, and reading Mark Richards comments, I don’t think anyone ever should again.

Just hope he gets better and has as minimal after effects as possible. Just very sad.

And they had a sprint car guy get hurt pretty good too. Bad night at Port Royal.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

His*......
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Again,I so hate to hear this. It hurts to get burned in a little spot,and not a severe burn either. I work around hot asphalt. I have seen people get burned. Ex-supervisor got burned priming a pump. The burns were bad enough,but the skin grafts were even worse. We are blessed with a wondeful burn facility at Children's Hospital in Little Rock. Amazing place.

There was an incident at the Show Me 100 at West Plains one year IIRC. I believe someone was priming a carburetor ,and the container caught fire. The person instinctively slung the bottle or whatever,and it got on someone.
    Formerly 66#1

Anyone know how eckerts grandson is doing?

Shout out to Selinsgrove Speedway, the ULMS series and the fans, as last night the drivers came through stands and over $5000 was donated for The Eckert family.

This father posted this on Facebook about 2 hours ago..I wanted to give everyone an update on Lennox. Words cannot express our gratitude for everyone reaching out and keeping Len in their thoughts and prayers. We are absolutely blown away by the support we are receiving both near and far, you all are truly amazing!! The power of prayer and god is truly working. We had a bit of a rough morning coming out of sedation, but the breathing tube was removed just before lunch. Most of his afternoon was spent napping. This evening he has been much more active, we even managed to get a couple smiles out of him. He did get to eat two ice pops all by himself and just had a chocolate milk!! Spending the rest of the evening relaxing and watching toonies!!

Prayers little man.You will be back cheering for papaw real soon.You be tough through your recovery.You have the whole racing world cheering for you.Prayers to the whole eckert family & friends.

Dear God, Please be with the child and his loved ones during this ordeal. Bring quick healing, even miraculous healing ! Perhaps God will raise this kid up to be a testimony to God's faithfulness in spite of horrible events. Often I don't understand what God allows but I have learned to hold His hand in the darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by 06Tireman View Post
    This father posted this on Facebook about 2 hours ago..I wanted to give everyone an update on Lennox. Words cannot express our gratitude for everyone reaching out and keeping Len in their thoughts and prayers. We are absolutely blown away by the support we are receiving both near and far, you all are truly amazing!! The power of prayer and god is truly working. We had a bit of a rough morning coming out of sedation, but the breathing tube was removed just before lunch. Most of his afternoon was spent napping. This evening he has been much more active, we even managed to get a couple smiles out of him. He did get to eat two ice pops all by himself and just had a chocolate milk!! Spending the rest of the evening relaxing and watching toonies!!
    I pray that Lennox makes a full recovery. This update sounds very encouraging!

I made a post a day or two ago about people being burned at my work. I'm sad to say we had our first bad burn victim at work in quite some time last night. Got hot oil (Mobiltherm) sprayed on his arm,and was very severely burned. They took him straight to the burn unit a Children's in Little Rock. Please keep this young man in your prayers as well.
    Formerly 66#1

https://twitter.com/bradsweet49/stat...676795905?s=21 Brad sweet is raffling off a fire suit for eckert& family

Would be a great time for some LM guys to auction off some stuff too. I’d pay a nice piece for some sheet metal for a cause like this. Praying that they can keep that little boy comfortable and he can recover soon.

Atomic speedway is raffling off a pit cart on facebook

Thoughts and prayers for the youngster and all of his family!!

Update.. Lennox was released from the hospital this morning..

Great news!

Hopefully, it wont cause any scars, physical or psychological!

man that is outstanding !!!!! thank you to the man upstairs!!!!! your grace has been great

Outstanding