Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WVMS reopening?

Purvis blowing up was my first trip there as well. Moran had that race won, I believe it was Gundaker he was trying to lap and let Purvis by him.

Terry I believe it was called the “Professional Racers Organization”. I was on the other side with your opinion on Pennsboro. It had me hooked when we would arrive before daylight seeing all the haulers packed into the infield and watching them filter in off route 50. I miss those times!

Quote Originally Posted by Hovlane View Post
    If I remember correctly they had the outside wall plumbed with a sprinkler system, Just turn the valve on and the whole track was water in a matter of a few minutes. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Still had to run in though.
    I can't remember ever seeing it in action, but it was most definetly there. Maybe I was just too young to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I can't remember ever seeing it in action, but it was most definetly there. Maybe I was just too young to remember.
    Believe is was only operational for a short period. Always heard freezing weather and not being completely drained did it in.

I can't remember what year it was. I seen it working. It wasn't working properly. It was watering the top of the track. Then was using trucks to water the bottom
    That was back when it was a Winston NASCAR sanctioned track. No sure what that even was. There was a big sign about it. In the middle of turns 1 and 2
    I always liked that place. Attended many events there.
    Along with doing the rt 50 shuffle. Great times

Quote Originally Posted by Hovlane View Post
    If I remember correctly they had the outside wall plumbed with a sprinkler system, Just turn the valve on and the whole track was water in a matter of a few minutes. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Still had to run in though.
    Yeah, if they would have maintained it, they coulda kept using it. But the maintenance you couldn’t skimp on, or you’d destroy stuff.

I’m guessing it was more of a PIA than they foreseen it being.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Krooser Krooser

"(Saw one race there in the 70's...wow!)"

LOL
    If your getting passed,YOUR AS SLOW AS ME !!!!