Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Dod and flo racing

What’s everyone thoughts on having to pay 150 for a year if you wanna watch even one of the shows i had no problem paying 20 bucks here and there and idc about the rest as its series i do not follow just wondering what everyone else thoughts were?

$150 a year is a steal.

It’s a steal, same with DirtVision. But I love sprint cars so DirtVision is amazing during the summer with WoO Sprints, Late Models, Summer Nats, Knoxville, Attica, and Williams Grove. LORTV I think has the least to offer for me.

My thoughts, Nothing in life is free. If you want the coverage, ya have to pay the price. I think it's fair.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    My thoughts, Nothing in life is free. If you want the coverage, ya have to pay the price. I think it's fair.
    This 100%. If you wanted to watch the race in person what would it cost you to drive there and pay the admission fee? I personally like it due to being able to watch races all over the US at tracks I’ll probable never be able to attend. $150 per year is only $12.50 per month which is way less than I can’t pay to attend 1 race per month for.

This last weekend...

Gas-$50.00
    Pit passes- $80.00
    Food &
    Beverage-$40.00

Total-$170.00

That $150.00 doesn't sound so bad when you add up the #'s.
    8/13/16

Best $ 150 I ever put on my wife's cc .....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    This last weekend...

Gas-$50.00
    Pit passes- $80.00
    Food &
    Beverage-$40.00

Total-$170.00

That $150.00 doesn't sound so bad when you add up the #'s.
    Except the experience and atmosphere of actually being there compared to sitting at home
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

That $20 here and there will add up to more than $150 over the whole season. I used to buy every DoD race since 2014, it was hundreds and hundres of dollars every race season.

I’ve watched probably 100 races since I purchased Flo in June. Since then, they’ve also combined Flo and DOD, and dropped $100 off. How can anyone complain about this?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Except the experience and atmosphere of actually being there compared to sitting at home
    In your own words ... You don’t attend any races in person, and you don’t have any of these streaming services. So how can you even have an opinion?

Does anyone still have the email or info from DoD, that was supposed to give us free Flo for the rest of the year. We did it, and Flo still wants us to pay to watch anything.

I don't attend because there isn't a track near me that runs regularly and when it does usually my work schedule doesn't allow. My closest track is close to 3 hrs away. I don't pay for streaming because I can just watch the highlights from various other outlets for what I'm interested in. Sometimes when you live on a slightly tight budget at times you have to comprise and spend it wisely. Don't judge me if you don't know me.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I hit 2 out of 3 Mars series races. The one I stayed home for was probably the most comfortable of the 3. Stocked ice box, comfy sofa, in bed 10 minutes after the checkers. What's not to like about that?
    8/13/16

I'm sure it has it's pros and cons like everything else
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Do they have monthly subscriptions or is it only $150 for the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Do they have monthly subscriptions or is it only $150 for the year?
    Also very confused about how this will work. My friend has had DOD for over a year and loves it, but when I ask about if they are covering the Eldora Invitational he still doesn't have a good answer. I think the DOD would be a better option for me going forward, but don't want to jump on it if I'm not going to be able to see the three nights of the Eldora race. Anyone have better information for me?
    Thanks in advance.

You will only get the live events based on the yearly subscription for new subscribers. Old ones will move to that as well going forward I am sure. And it is a great deal.

Stupid question: It is my understanding if you were a DoD subscriber you now get access to Flo as well. But if you subscribed to Flo, you are not able to read or have access to DoD at this point. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch 232 View Post
    Also very confused about how this will work. My friend has had DOD for over a year and loves it, but when I ask about if they are covering the Eldora Invitational he still doesn't have a good answer. I think the DOD would be a better option for me going forward, but don't want to jump on it if I'm not going to be able to see the three nights of the Eldora race. Anyone have better information for me?
    Thanks in advance.
    This is how it worked for me. Been a DoD subscriber since it's inception. When Flo merged, price went up and I now have both. Your friend should have gotten the same deal. And yes,he should be good for Eldora.
    8/13/16