Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The car has shown a ton of speed whenever it's been out for nearly two years now this weekend was no surprise to those know what their looking at

I just thought the rear of the car was different especially from anything that i have ever seen. I guess it just goes to show old fashion hard work and determination can work in the world of dirt late models. I loved in the interview that he said he could drive it 1 handed through the corners i thought that spoke volumes on how the car worked

That was only his 2nd race in the car right he raced at Smoky Mtn and then Cherokee right

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    I just thought the rear of the car was different especially from anything that i have ever seen. I guess it just goes to show old fashion hard work and determination can work in the world of dirt late models. I loved in the interview that he said he could drive it 1 handed through the corners i thought that spoke volumes on how the car worked

That was only his 2nd race in the car right he raced at Smoky Mtn and then Cherokee right
    It's been out a few times this year. Always had stuff break. I know he won a heat at Cherokee earlier this year.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

IMO this is still the story of the year. Anybody that couldn't cheer this young man accomplishment, is not a real DML fan. Here is hoping that all of us appreciate what transpired. Saw the race, saw the interview. Great night all the way around

Innovation is what makes racing great!!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    IMO this is still the story of the year. Anybody that couldn't cheer this young man accomplishment, is not a real DML fan. Here is hoping that all of us appreciate what transpired. Saw the race, saw the interview. Great night all the way around
    That's exactly what I posted on his Facebook page. He's right up ttere with that Larson guy for DLM story of the year.

Terry M and TS Fan I couldn't agree more with what yall are saying

rumor is this car is a little different. radiator placement and shock placement. heard he had a lever that allowed him to move the body laterally earlier this year and was told to remove it.

i wasn’t there and didn’t see it but drivers are talking about it. still a great story.

anyone talking about the new longhorn rear shock location?

My fear is that the larger chassis builders get together and pick it apart to the point were they outlaw the innovation if it is radically different.

I know an instance a few years back (5-6) I think were a driver ran a custom built engine in one of the regional Limited series that used a ton of after market parts that put the engine in the range of $7,000-$8,000. A lot of the bigger local engine builders protested saying it would kill their business if other drivers went to it because they had so much invested already to build the more expensive engines. They ended up not allowing the cheaper engine being ran.

Hope something similar doesn't come of this deal.

Wouldn't it be kind of funny if the bigger chassis brands tried to mimic his design or copied his design? I tell you one thing that is for sure the kid is smarter than your average bear so to speak. My only question about this whole 2 year process is why if he is from florida would he travel all the way to Cherokee to test a couple of times this year instead of finding tracks down that way from FL and the bottom or GA to test on

Quote Originally Posted by racincowboy02 View Post
    Wouldn't it be kind of funny if the bigger chassis brands tried to mimic his design or copied his design? I tell you one thing that is for sure the kid is smarter than your average bear so to speak. My only question about this whole 2 year process is why if he is from florida would he travel all the way to Cherokee to test a couple of times this year instead of finding tracks down that way from FL and the bottom or GA to test on
    He doesn't live in Florida anymore he is close to Charlotte now, I assume they just haven't updated his home town

Hitmanracingsuspension.com

Then go to company Bio....good read.

I read on facebook that Kirkpatrick was a Nasa Engineer in Florida. If this is true, then all I can say is here he comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    I read on facebook that Kirkpatrick was a Nasa Engineer in Florida. If this is true, then all I can say is here he comes.
    Yeah. Car drives itself with a missle guidance system.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I didn't know spaceship technology can be adapted over to a DLM. Is that like a 10 link suspension with 3 Clements...
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Yeah. Car drives itself with a missle guidance system.
    I'm proud for him, but if i were him dam if i would show all of my cards, that way it will last for awhile, that thing was fast in the dam dust

YETI....coolers.......designed by 2 former NASA employees........Ice never Melts.
    Kirkpatrick.......aka.......Iceman.........former Nasa employee......

Need for speed, what you didn't know was that technology could be adapted over to a DLM, by someone other than you Know...........

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Hitmanracingsuspension.com
    Yep, nobody has mentioned him!

Trey's from my neck of the woods, and a pretty sharp shock builder!

We have worked on the same teams a couple of times.