Default PLEASE Ask Your Track To DO This....

Everybody, go to the tower and demand for them to tape up a print out somewhere (a common walking area for easy access, like the eating area) where the fans can go to read, order of the night events, the list of drivers, names, towns, number of car with any additional letters, start positions, etc.. People are asking everyone who was that, we don't know, and you can't depend on the announcers because we can't hear when running engines are going, their lips are just flapping in the wind for themselves. So give us fans a read out of what is going on and who is driving what. Folks, please do this so it is a standard at every track. It will get people interested and attend more races, than just watching whoever going around and around a dirt track not getting anything done.

My weekly track used to have programs with a separate sheet listing point standings. This is no longer the case. This was the first year in a while I have gone to weekly events each week, but only knew a hand full of guys. Programs are likely not worth the cost, but they should be able to offer a points sheet, listing drivers name, numbers and towns. Cost can't be high. Either find a sponsor to cover or charge a quarter at ticket booth or concessions. Could list sponsors, and even print numbers and have free popcorn or ticket giveaways or other. Small things can make a difference.

They just have make one list, tape it up somewhere where all can read it. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
    They just have make one list, tape it up somewhere where all can read it. It's that simple.
    Or take a picture of it with their phone !

I agree with the above but wanted to add to this list. I've been to a few tracks that do the following but think it should be standard everywhere, especially when they have a national or regional touring series in town.

Have a concession line, stand, or something for drink orders only. I try to avoid this by packing a small cooler for track that allow. However, I was running late to a local track for a big show this past weekend and got reminded how much it can be a pain to jump in line for just a bottle of water or soda at the concession stand.

Kudos to tracks that do a line only for drink orders!!!

A lot of tracks around here use My Race Pass even for weekly nights. I'm always appreciative of it whether I'm racing or just spectating.

it amazes me how many put a flyer/poster online about their big race and dont even put what town the track is in.

I would second tracks using My Race Pass, but some tracks go the extra step and have live lineups on their own website, and in todays era of the COVID use facebook live for pit meetings. The time of printing paper for lineup's or programs is over. Digitize all of that information. An LED scoreboard with sponsors, events, ect a great constant rolling ad so the PA only have to highlight things.

Quote Originally Posted by slideiton View Post
    I would second tracks using My Race Pass, but some tracks go the extra step and have live lineups on their own website, and in todays era of the COVID use facebook live for pit meetings. The time of printing paper for lineup's or programs is over. Digitize all of that information. An LED scoreboard with sponsors, events, ect a great constant rolling ad so the PA only have to highlight things.
    I wouldn't say it's over. The World 100 and North/South 100 are two examples of tracks printing up-to-the-minute lineup sheets, and they sell out of them as quick as they can print them. Maybe it's considered old school now, but our group still loves to do pick em contests at these big shows, and those lineup sheets are a must have for that. I almost always have an iPad in my bag, but I much prefer having the printed sheets. They're cheap, convenient, and it doesn't matter if you spill a drink on them!

Race pass is good here in modern times but I do hate relying on a freakin cell phone

This would have been a REALLY great idea in 1996.

Now, not so much. We all have smartphones. The announcer could merely say, BE SURE TO GO TO OUR "Insert Track Name Here" on ALL our Social Media Platforms (Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / etc) and the ones who don't have a smartphone are probably poor and aren't going to attend another race anyway.

My track doesn't do (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and announcer sucks
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Reynolds View Post
    and the ones who don't have a smartphone are probably poor and aren't going to attend another race anyway.
    Not sure what part of the Country you are from but around here, they hand them out for no charge if you are a low life non working freeloader. Phones for everyone.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Not sure what part of the Country you are from but around here, they hand them out for no charge if you are a low life non working freeloader. Phones for everyone.
    I got one. I don't leave home to peacefully protest without it.

LOL. Some elders may have a flip-up-phones and use it only for important family calls, no smart phone. Some elders do not know how to use and don't want to know how to use all of the phone options. Some people leave their phones in the auto, don't want to loose or mess with calls during racing..... I like the one that if a person does not have a smart phone, they are so poor that they are not going to attend another race anyway. That is so funny..... I may add that I like my big computer (5 yr old), my dial-up modem does suck in a way (slow but works for the most part) with my home land line phone with no batteries (my cordless broke and don't have to worry about batteries), and my answering machine. And may I add, I owned a cell phone with all the works over night and took it back the next morning. One of the best decisions that I have ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Reynolds View Post
    This would have been a REALLY great idea in 1996.

Now, not so much. We all have smartphones. The announcer could merely say, BE SURE TO GO TO OUR "Insert Track Name Here" on ALL our Social Media Platforms (Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / etc) and the ones who don't have a smartphone are probably poor and aren't going to attend another race anyway.
    What's your beef today with poor people?
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    What's your beef today with poor people?
    https://youtu.be/AwbyH9THoQo

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    I like big buns and I cannot lie
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Sure dont miss the stopwatch days!

Race Monitor and My Race Pass is a godsend!