Thread: RR Bars?

Default RR Bars?

Anyone mess around with bar split / spread? What i mean is 15" to 17 (top bar) is a 2" spread, 15 to 18" is a 3" spread, as i refer to it. I made a change to our bars to a 3" spread and the change on the RR was pretty aggressive. Car really lays on the RR, and we're moving the spring a lot, 4.25" plus. 225lb spring.

If your taking out indexing with a 3" split, what other things does that impact? Or is it just affecting dynamic spring rate on the RR?

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Anyone mess around with bar split / spread? What i mean is 15" to 17 (top bar) is a 2" spread, 15 to 18" is a 3" spread, as i refer to it. I made a change to our bars to a 3" spread and the change on the RR was pretty aggressive. Car really lays on the RR, and we're moving the spring a lot, 4.25" plus. 225lb spring.

If your taking out indexing with a 3" split, what other things does that impact? Or is it just affecting dynamic spring rate on the RR?
    Dynamic spring rate and dynamic thrust angle. It can't be the same at all travel points, even if you maintained the same ride height angles.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1