FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 10, 2020

Justin Duty Bags Pair of Top-5’s in Lucas Oil MLRA Action

MULINO, Ore. (09/10/20) – Justin Duty enjoyed a successful weekend behind the wheel of his Don Frank Floors No. 15 Rocket Chassis/ Pro Power Racing Engines Super Late Model, racing to a pair to Top-5 finishes with the Lucas Oil Midwest LateModel Racing Association (MLRA).

Duty kicked off the Labor Day weekend doubleheader Saturday with the Ron Jenkins Memorial at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo. In a field of 27 cars, Duty followed up the fifth fastest time overall in qualifying with a heat race victory.

Rolling off on the front row for the feature, Justin shot out to an early lead and held the top spot for the first 28 circuits. With eventual race-winner Mason Oberkramer sneaking by on lap 29, Duty hung on for a runner-up finish behind Oberkramer with Chad Simpson, Payton Looney, and Aaron Marrant completing the Top-5 finishers.

"I didn't quite adjust enough for what we were going to do there,” Duty said of his second podium finish with the MLRA this season. “I should have just stayed up top and pounded away but I wasn't sure how long my tire was going to last. We had a really good car all night long, start to finish. Overall I'm happy with second, I wish we would have hung on there, but Mason had a good car so we'll take second."

The following night at Randolph County Raceway in Moberly, Mo. for the Scottie 46, Justin secured his spot into the $5,000-to-win finale with a third place finish in his heat.

Marching forward five spots in the 46-lap feature, Duty notched a fourth-place finish behind Ryan Gustin, Garrett Alberson, and Jeremiah Hurst with Tony Toste coming in fifth.

Justin Duty will be idle until he returns to Lucas Oil Speedway for the 7th Annual Fall Nationals, October 9-10. The Lucas Oil Midwest Late Model Racing Association event will see a $3,000 winner’s check on Friday and a $5,000 top prize on Saturday.

Justin is fifth in the latest MLRA point standings. For more information about these events, please visit www.MLRARacing.com.

Double Duty Motorsports would like to thank their principal and associate sponsors including Don Frank Floors, Ohlins by JDR, First Class Septic, Darren & Mardell Williams, Pro Power Racing Engines, Top Notch Kustom Koncepts, Dynamic Drivelines, XS Power Batteries, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Double Duty Motorsports, please visit www.DoubleDutyRacing.com.