FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 11, 2020

Tyler Stevens Returns to Dirt Late Model Racing
Bags Pair of Podiums in Debut Weekend

Searcy, Arkansas (09/11/20) – Tyler Stevens shifted gears last weekend by setting his Modified aside and making the return to Dirt Late Model competition in his new Stallion Transportation Group No. 2 IRP OS1/ Level 1 Driving Academy/ W&W Timber / XR1 Rocket Chassis entry.

“I’ve been wanting to get back to the Late Model ranks for a while now. A few years back I dabbled in it, and really enjoyed it,” Stevens said. “We’re running some Crate Late Model events this year as we get ready to take on several COMP Cams Super Dirt Series Super Late Model events next year.

Tyler Stevens made his return to Late Model action on Saturday night with a trip to Boothill Speedway (Greenwood, Louisiana). Twenty Crate Racin’ USA Late Models took part in the event, and a sixth-to-second run in his heat race locked Tyler into the 20th-starting spot for the feature.

Throughout the feature Stevens raced into the lead on two separate occasions only to have caution flags nullify the passes. He would ultimately settle into a third-place finish in his Razor Edge Graphics No. 2 Rocket entry behind Jamie Burford and Chad Dupont.

The team traveled west on Sunday evening to RPM Speedway (Crandall, Texas), where Tyler went into battle against a 30-car field in an event that was co-promoted by the Southern Touring Late Model Series (STLMS) and DFW Local Late Model Series. Stevens began his night with a heat race win before receiving the sixth-starting spot in the feature redraw.

The finale had similar tones to the feature a night earlier. Tyler once again charged to the front of the field, only to have a pass for the lead nullified by a caution flag. At the checkered flag he finished in the second position.

“We passed for the lead in the feature both nights, but the caution flags just weren’t on our side. I’m learning and making good speed, just need to keep adjusting in the seat. Not quite where I need to be, but I’ll get it figured out soon,” Stevens noted. “Thanks to Bradley Stapler and my wife Lindsey for the pit help and assistance at the shop. And last but definitely not least, thanks to all of our sponsors that help keep us going.”
The team plans to be idle this weekend before going into battle on September 18-19 at Dirt on the Rev (Monroe, Louisiana) during the Crate Late Model portion of the Hooked Up 50. The program boasts a $2,000 top prize.

Fans can also support Tyler and TLP Motorsports by heading over to www.tylerstevensracing.com/gear/ and picking up the brand-new team shirt and hoodie.

TLP Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Stallion Transportation Group, Level 1 Driving Academy, W&W Timber, IRP Racecars, MoBag'$ Suspension Technology, Keyser Manufacturing, Razor Edge Graphics, Cade Dillard Racing, Kyle Tiffee Shelter Insurance Agency, David Leech Construction, Swift Springs, TruForm Race Products, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Ultra-Force Spring Machine, Sneaky Horse Traction Augmentation Ltd., KR Performance Fuels LLC, Velocita USA, Close Racing Supply, AFCO Racing, Team 5 Enterprise, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information on TLP Motorsports and Tyler Stevens, please visit www.TylerStevensRacing.com .