Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DoD/Flo are a cancer

So I pay the money for FloRacing, but as everyone knows I travel. So I’ve been watching the racing tonight on my phone. No issue... but my family back at my house we’re wanting to watch too, so they signed into the Roku and when they attempt to watch it, it’s boots me out, when I go back and try and watch it, it then boots them out. This is crazy. I get that they should limit the amount of devices that can access an account, but what’s the harm in making that limit 2? For 150 bucks a year, you should Atleast be able to authorize 2 devices to be registered to watch races... maybe I’m out of line, but Rigsby has really turned into A greedy dictator.

Cancel DoD/Flo if you don't like the way they run it. Don't get on here and whine about it. Gezzz
    Last edited by JimBo; 09-11-2020 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

Sounds like a policy that makes sense to me.

I saw a commercial the other day that you can watch dish network on up to 5 different devices.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    I saw a commercial the other day that you can watch dish network on up to 5 different devices.
    Bingo!!!!!!!!!!

Is there an option to pay more for more devices? I get them limiting it to one device since they're not a huge corporation like ESPN/Disney and they don't want to lose money to people sharing accounts, but they should offer the option to add more devices and pay only 25-50% more or something. Maybe they'll come out with bundles like that in the future. Could help get some more money from people that don't want to pay for the whole service if they hop onto the more expensive 2-device bundle with a buddy or relative.

Quote Originally Posted by mod95 View Post
    Is there an option to pay more for more devices? I get them limiting it to one device since they're not a huge corporation like ESPN/Disney and they don't want to lose money to people sharing accounts, but they should offer the option to add more devices and pay only 25-50% more or something. Maybe they'll come out with bundles like that in the future. Could help get some more money from people that don't want to pay for the whole service if they hop onto the more expensive 2-device bundle with a buddy or relative.
    Exactly!!! I would pay more if my family could also watch while I am it on the road...

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    Exactly!!! I would pay more if my family could also watch while I am it on the road...
    You can watch it on as many devices as you want. All you have to do is go to subscription and add one it's 150$. To claim that rigsby is greedy and come on a public forum and bash the service is a little excessive. You could have just as easily made a post suggesting this idea. Instead you go right to bashing

You travel? Like Europe?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

It's only gonna get worse! Before we could watch multiple races live with different services, now it's mainly Flo. I understand what you're saying.

Not a big fan of the Flo/DoD transition either, looks like a little more planning and forethought would have made things a little smoother, but without them most of us would not have any chance at all to watch these races from our (somewhat) safe-from-CoVid houses, so I suppose some grief is inevitable. So kind of agree with OP on that point, but seriously dude, calling them a "cancer". I guess you're frustrated, but to get on here and title a post with that is EXTREMELY disrespectful to everyone who's ever faced that battle, either themselves or a family member. You may not agree with their rules of one viewing per membership, but IMO that hardly gives you the right to call them a cancer. How many other entities are offering live viewings of dirt late models?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    How many other entities are offering live viewings of dirt late models?
    Indeed, and until this changes there is no competition that makes the free market work for the consumer. Do you think if there was another option to watch the 3 days at Eldora, for instance, they would have had the problems with the merger? It's bad publicity and word of mouth that competition has a way of fixing. .......... I've had no problems with the merger but am horrified reading about the hoops some paying customers have had to jump through but it seems Flo/DoD is addressing most of these problems. Better late than never I guess.

All that said I am a guy who was dropping DoD refusing to cough 150 for 90% of the content that's useless to me at Flo until they gave me the option to continue paying monthly. So I have access to the Eldora coverage and am amazed at how good it is.

The crew down in the pits, 3-4 of them(?), are on everything, really knowledgeable, with real time updates and the guys in the booth are seasoned announcers with deep knowledge of the drivers, teams, owners and current changes that have been made to seemingly every team. Add the production, love the drone looks too, is as professional as any of the 2-3 NASCAR races I've ever seen the last two days have been entertaining and informative for me. Gotta mention the director's cut option to view the race is another wonderful addition for the fan.

I'm new to streaming dirt racing but this thing at Eldora is the best I've ever seen.. Better than any Lucas, WoO or NASCAR production I've seen. ......... Very very impressed. So much so I'm struggling with dropping DoD now.
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 09-12-2020 at 10:28 AM.

I agree 100% Ricochet... I finally signed up for DoD monthly just to watch the Southern Nats this year, with the intent to cancel after it was over. Then came the Flo deal so I kept it going for the Eldora race, and the coverage has been fantastic. I was going to cancel for sure after Eldora, now I'm not so sure.
    To keep me long term, they're going to have to keep improving their coverage of the regional super LM series, or find a way to bring WOOLMS or LOLMDS into the fold (not gonna happen, I know). But they are getting there with the regional series. And to be clear, I'd prefer more races with less slick coverage than fewer races with the superb coverage we're seeing at Eldora.
    Oh, and the Road to Eldora series was really good too.

I haven't been on since last Fall when everything went down with DOD cancelling fastpass races. With DOD, I could have the stream running in different rooms on different Computers at the same time. I remember someone complaining last year as well, stating they couldn't watch at work while Dad watched at Home. It's not devices, but network. You can have multiple devices logged in from the same network, but not from different ones. They are eliminating account sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ricochet View Post
    Indeed, and until this changes there is no competition that makes the free market work for the consumer. Do you think if there was another option to watch the 3 days at Eldora, for instance, they would have had the problems with the merger? It's bad publicity and word of mouth that competition has a way of fixing. .......... I've had no problems with the merger but am horrified reading about the hoops some paying customers have had to jump through but it seems Flo/DoD is addressing most of these problems. Better late than never I guess.

All that said I am a guy who was dropping DoD refusing to cough 150 for 90% of the content that's useless to me at Flo until they gave me the option to continue paying monthly. So I have access to the Eldora coverage and am amazed at how good it is.

The crew down in the pits, 3-4 of them(?), are on everything, really knowledgeable, with real time updates and the guys in the booth are seasoned announcers with deep knowledge of the drivers, teams, owners and current changes that have been made to seemingly every team. Add the production, love the drone looks too, is as professional as any of the 2-3 NASCAR races I've ever seen the last two days have been entertaining and informative for me. Gotta mention the director's cut option to view the race is another wonderful addition for the fan.

I'm new to streaming dirt racing but this thing at Eldora is the best I've ever seen.. Better than any Lucas, WoO or NASCAR production I've seen. ......... Very very impressed. So much so I'm struggling with dropping DoD now.
    I knew you’d come around. This thing is just now getting off the ground. It’ll only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You travel? Like Europe?
    Last October I was in England... was going back in June (week of the Dirt Late Model Stream actually) but Covid ended that... so yes, I do travel out of the country. I go to Canada about twice a month

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    I haven't been on since last Fall when everything went down with DOD cancelling fastpass races. With DOD, I could have the stream running in different rooms on different Computers at the same time. I remember someone complaining last year as well, stating they couldn't watch at work while Dad watched at Home. It's not devices, but network. You can have multiple devices logged in from the same network, but not from different ones. They are eliminating account sharing.
    I have no problem with that. That makes good business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    Last October I was in England... was going back in June (week of the Dirt Late Model Stream actually) but Covid ended that... so yes, I do travel out of the country. I go to Canada about twice a month
    We might have been there at the same time.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I still have not decided which service to get although with all the threads on here with complaints it looks like speed 51 may be the way I go (I also enjoyed the paved track SLM as well). 80 a year.

Replying to original poster......the reason you were cut off is because your phone and the roku at home were on different IP addresses. You can watch from multiple devices as long as they are on the same IP address.