Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by callmez View Post
    I agree 100% Ricochet... I finally signed up for DoD monthly just to watch the Southern Nats this year, with the intent to cancel after it was over. Then came the Flo deal so I kept it going for the Eldora race, and the coverage has been fantastic. I was going to cancel for sure after Eldora, now I'm not so sure.
    To keep me long term, they're going to have to keep improving their coverage of the regional super LM series, or find a way to bring WOOLMS or LOLMDS into the fold (not gonna happen, I know). But they are getting there with the regional series. And to be clear, I'd prefer more races with less slick coverage than fewer races with the superb coverage we're seeing at Eldora.
    Oh, and the Road to Eldora series was really good too.
    Exactly, I could have written this post. I signed up monthly at DoD for the So Nats and Dirtvision for the Summer Nats intending to drop them both after those series were completed. Dropped Dirtvision and emailed DoD telling them cancel my subscription too cuz I ain't coughing the 150 to watch Sprints. They responded I can keep paying monthly so I kept it for the Fall Nats, Eldora, 2 FALS races and see a few more like The Magnolia 100.

And like you I'm rethinking dropping DoD/Flo. And like you I'm more interested in more regional stuff than the biggies. I may or may not differ from you here but I'm a guy who will cut of my head off to spite my face and I don't like that DoD and Rigsby The Great is gonna play corporate America and jam Sprints and other nonsense down my throat for 50 more a yr to see and follow LM, which is the only racing on earth I give a dam# about.

But like you Rigsby The Great decided to allow me to continue monthly and as a result can get more looks at his product and evaluate its value to me and as mentioned earlier the coverage of Eldora the last 3 days was fantastic............. So we'll see.
    Last edited by Mister Ricochet; 09-13-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knot View Post
    Replying to original poster......the reason you were cut off is because your phone and the roku at home were on different IP addresses. You can watch from multiple devices as long as they are on the same IP address.
    I think you mean same network or subnet. Two devices in your home network cannot have the same IP Address without a conflict.

I guess it is all how you look at things. For me, as an avid fan of both DLM and sprint car racing, FLO is the best thing that ever happened, especially with all the Covid-19 stuff. I am able to watch racing from tracks all over the country every weekend that I only have read about. Got to see races from Farmers City and Fairbury for the first time. I was juggling this weekend watching Eldora and Port Royal. I can not wait until I get access to the FULL DoD content that is supposedly coming. I have never subscribed to DoD and enjoyed the exposure and The Road to Eldora series. It was great seeing the behind the scenes stuff with The Moyers, The Pierces, Weaver, Babb, Shirley etc. As an added bounus, I even got to see Billy Pauch, Sr clinch the Big Block Modified championship last night at Bridgeport Speedway. I am officially a Flo Lover.
    Last edited by BTExpress; 09-13-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo2007 View Post
    I think you mean same network or subnet. Two devices in your home network cannot have the same IP Address without a conflict.
    I had two going on same IP. Only difference I could see was could only access chat with one Computer.

Was watching a race on Flo on my computer. In another tab logged into Flo to watch another race at the same time on the same computer. After about 1 minute I got a message saying I was only allowed access on 1 device and had to close one down.

Same computer, Flo would not allow me to watch 2 races at the same time.

Maybe they tightened up since the merger. I had no problem with DOD on the same IP. Also had three streams at once running with Dirt Vision last Month on the same Computer.

It gets overlooked, but the DOD/Flo merger reduced the yearly subscription from $250/year to $150/year.

Quote Originally Posted by IL LM Fan View Post
    I had two going on same IP. Only difference I could see was could only access chat with one Computer.
    I know you can do it manually just saying if you do you will have tons of conflicts and issues. It definitely won’t ‘work’ very long that way.

On average I will have five or more streams on Flo on any given weekend. I will have one streaming via my Firestick on my TV, then one or several on two laptops as well as my phone! There is no limit to how many streams you can have at once as long as they are on the same network.

If you know anything about computers, you understand why it has to be this way. Allowing more than one stream on separate networks simply allows more people to watch with one subscription. If you want the ability to view from two separate places (outside one network), then you have to have two (or more) subscriptions.

If you want, instead of people watching a race at the same time live, just have one watch live and then the other can wait for on demand. Problems solved.

Totally agree TDRacing. You should be able to watch (and I can as well) multiple streams if you're on your own HOME (LAN) network, even though individual devices have their own unique IP Address from your home router, DoD/Flo servers would only see that as one IP address. In the OP scenario, he is on totally different Internet IP Addresses (WAN) so the DoD/Flo servers won't allow it, and they wouldn't be very smart if they did. Using the logic of the original post from TeNfOMaFiA69, it would be like paying one admission at a race track and then getting totally pi$$ed because they won't let his whole family come in free.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    . Using the logic of the original post from TeNfOMaFiA69, it would be like paying one admission at a race track and then getting totally pi$$ed because they won't let his whole family come in free.
    That's not really the same thing. I mean you could have 100 people watching on one device. There's really no comparison with buying single person tickets to an event.

I don't like single screen availability either. But with these small time companies, I do understand they can't afford a whole town watching the races on one guys account (unless they're good enough friends to all come over)

Quote Originally Posted by TeNfOMaFiA69 View Post
    Exactly!!! I would pay more if my family could also watch while I am it on the road...
    Contact them and see what they can do for you on two devices. Chance are they max it out for one to keep people from sharing.

DoD has been like that for awhile, i dont blame them at all considering all of the piggybacking and pirating that already goes on. Other than their Illinois bias DoD has been one of, if not the best, things to happen to DLM racing the last 15 years

We can't watch 2 different races, on 2 different phones, on the same network (6 feet from each other) without buying another $150 account. That's a problem and will only get worse

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    We can't watch 2 different races, on 2 different phones, on the same network (6 feet from each other) without buying another $150 account. That's a problem and will only get worse
    You can if you're connected to the same wifi. If one or both phones are on a cellular connection, then no. But you can definitely watch on as many devices as you want on the same network.

Well, it's race day. Should be easy enough to test multiple devices on your home network, tonight with Fairbury.