Thread: Side bite

Default Side bite

A few years ago, a national driver told me he liked the rr to slide 3-4 feet then stop. He said thats when his car ran the best!

Whats yalls opinion?

It doesn't have to slide at all when the front turns the car.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It doesn't have to slide at all when the front turns the car.
    What he said...and will not be hard on RR tires, consistency

it really funny how straight these cars are being driven in the slick, makes you think maybe an asphalt setup may work in the slick

I haven’t been around asphalt cars in many years. I’m curious how different the dynamic wheel load numbers really are? They certainly get there with completely different methods, but what do the final numbers look like in comparison? I’m curious.

I went to a MLRA event last week and the winner drove the car turning left most of the time. I'm sure the RR was bald a baby's butt but he also won against the top three blowing RR tires. 5 RR's didn't make it at all.

the fasted lap ever turned at TST was by a car sliding the tires way more than 4 feet , i was there when hiett did it . he was pitching the car side ways just past the flag stand and went into turn one side ways , when it stuck , he was gone , he went a 12.42 .....never seen it done like that before or since.....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    the fasted lap ever turned at TST was by a car sliding the tires way more than 4 feet , i was there when hiett did it . he was pitching the car side ways just past the flag stand and went into turn one side ways , when it stuck , he was gone , he went a 12.42 .....never seen it done like that before or since.....
    Running a fast lap and winning a race are two completely different animals. Do you think his rr tire would have survived 25-50+ laps of that

dont know about 50 , but he led every lap of 30 that night and won by half a track....