Default Is there a dirt late model scene in Texas?

Looking at relocating. Would like to know if there is alot of tracks that run late models in the state of Texas?

I am not aware of any Texas tracks that run LMs on a weekly basis. The Southern Late Model series runs at Texas tracks, looks like they had around 10 races scheduled this year, but some were lost due to the virus. The Sooner series is based out of Oklahoma. There was a "DFW local" series for crates, but I don't know much at all about that.....

Lucas/WoOLM no longer venture to Texas, at least the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt33 View Post
    I am not aware of any Texas tracks that run LMs on a weekly basis. The Southern Late Model series runs at Texas tracks, looks like they had around 10 races scheduled this year, but some were lost due to the virus. The Sooner series is based out of Oklahoma. There was a "DFW local" series for crates, but I don't know much at all about that.....

Lucas/WoOLM no longer venture to Texas, at least the last few years.
    Big O Speedway does mostly.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

When I lived down there many years ago, their Mods ran late model tires and put on a pretty good show. This was in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. A guy named Keith Green Was one of the hot shoes at that time and was fun to watch.

Not much of a dirt LM scene. Not sure what part of Texas you are talking, but dirt33 pretty much summed it up. Usually racing for $750 to $2,000 to win. Sooner and Southern teamed up for a couple shows to draw more cars, and they did put on some good shows. Plan to road trip to some MLRA, or Comp Cams shows when they get close in MO or AR.

Devil's Bowl in Mesquite,TX ran something between crates and open engine rule late models for several years. I would love to see a national touring series there.
    Formerly 66#1