Default Jimmy Johnson to indy cars

Saw it on facebook
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Yep, Jimmie is going to run a road/street course only schedule for nasty Ganassi. It's a 2 year deal starting in 2021.

I much prefer Indy Cars on ovals thus I would have preferred that Jimmie run a full schedule but I can kinda' appreciate his decision to run only the road/street courses. Indy Cars on ovals can be quite sketchy and Jimmie is no kid anymore.

Jimmie will bring a fair amount of attention and publicity to Indy Car events that he participates in. He's a consummate class act, solid citizen and a proven winner and I'm sure Penske is happy to have one of the greatest NASCAR drivers of all time racing with his series and he should be. Jimmie Johnson is a solid asset to anything he gets involved in.

I hope Jimmie can compete and give a favorable account of himself racing in a division that is totally foreign to him.

Good luck JJ!!

i think he will do good , he is steady and solid in what ever he does and this is very important in this type of racing...

Too old and was never good on road tracks but he will be in a very good car with Chip. It’s all about the money and JJ will bring a good sponsor. I ain’t expecting much.

You weren't expecting much from Kyle Larson in a dirt late model but he kicked ass and took names among the best dirt late model drivers in the country. Hahahaha!

Not saying JJ will be as dominant in an Indy Car as Larson was in a dirt late model, especially in his first couple of races, but he'll give a decent account of himself.

JJ's age probably factored into not running the ovals and he seems to want to have fun and ovals are deadly serious. Indy Cars on high speed ovals are most definitely a young man's game. Indy Cars can hurt ya' real bad on a high speed oval such as Texas and there is very little doubt that JJ has lost a tick or two of reaction time in the past 4 or five years. You can get away with that being the case in a taxi cab stock car. Rubbin' ain't racin' in Indy Cars, rubbin' will hurt people at 220 MPH and tiny mistakes can be lethal. Passing cars without touching them and respect for fellow competitors is imperative and that is one of the things I enjoy about Indy Cars.

How can one compare Jimmie J to kyle larson?

JJ is done. Too old.

Quote Originally Posted by balljoint View Post
    How can one compare Jimmie J to kyle larson?JJ is done. Too old.
    . Larson is WAY better