Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    I heard Erb's motor did break. I felt if the track would have been slower by maybe at least 1/2 second it would have been better racing overall. They guys that came from the back, survived more than anything, including Pierce. Thanks to FALS, specially for the $1500 to start. But that was hard, hard on equipment. Drivers will NOT say anything bad about the track. Remember Babb did a few years ago and was booed really badly.
    Erb's motor may have broken but at the end of the race he got a push start and drove off the track into the pits under his own power.

Quote Originally Posted by #FALSuperman View Post
    That's one of the worst tracks I've ever seen for a big race at FALS.
    22 cars started, and only 8 finished in 50 laps.
    The track was good until the track prep.
    Can't imagine Matt Curl being too pleased.
    Everyone here was talking about it.
    I'm sure everyone at home saw the same thing.
    While the track was a lil rough, their were numerous cars that pulled off with issues that were not track related. A good hand full pulled off to let the leaders race as well. I've seen a lot worse tracks than that. As race fan, no complaints here.
    The best DLM's at FALS on a Tues. Night for 15 g's. I'd do that every week.
    8/13/16

As i talked to track prep Curl makes thoses calls on when to and not to prep. He predicted the last 2 races on what would happen

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    While the track was a lil rough, their were numerous cars that pulled off with issues that were not track related. A good hand full pulled off to let the leaders race as well. I've seen a lot worse tracks than that. As race fan, no complaints here. The best DLM's at FALS on a Tues. Night for 15 g's. I'd do that every week.
    Sign me up to. I didn’t think the track was that bad at all. I do think they should have ran the mods first to slick it off a little bit. There was the one hole in 1/2 that was caused by that mod digging in but I have seen it much rougher than that before.

I'm assuming Matt scheduled the Late Model Feature first to appease the fans wanting to get out early. And yes, running the mod feature first would have helped the track.
    8/13/16

I'm assuming Matt scheduled the Late Model Feature first to appease the fans wanting to get out early. And yes, running the mod feature first would have helped the track.
    Mods chunk out a soft surface.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The only thing I left disappointed with was Babb not trying the top. Maybe the car was set up for the bottom or maybe he didn't want to take a chance on tearing it up. Either way, Babb is usually a cushion banger at FALS and typically, very fast on the cushion. We wanted to see that Bloomer chassis up top. Maybe next time.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Mods chunk out a soft surface.
    not at FALS
    8/13/16

The heats did start an hour late. That's probably why the LM feature was first.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Last i knew they have a curfew aswell esp during the week. Cant remember what time though.

both features were as good as it gets! too bad the late models had that last yellow.

Imagine the caterwauling from the 4m experts if the mod feature ran before lates. It was a high quality show, may have started late but not much screwing around between races and yellow flag delays were not bad at all. Rather this than a dust bowl, 45 minute intermission, 6 hour show like some tracks put on. Thanks FALS and Flo.
    I hate time trials.

not at FALS
    I guess I didn't see the mods throw clods in the heats and bs?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Personally, I'd rather see the lapped cars keep racing than just pulling off for the leaders. But, last night that could have caused major problems due to the speed of the cars and the bumps in the track.

Quote Originally Posted by kazual View Post
    Imagine the caterwauling from the 4m experts if the mod feature ran before lates. It was a high quality show, may have started late but not much screwing around between races and yellow flag delays were not bad at all. Rather this than a dust bowl, 45 minute intermission, 6 hour show like some tracks put on. Thanks FALS and Flo.
    and no BS 4 wide parade lap

At any rate... B Shepp is back and he beet the other Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    Personally, I'd rather see the lapped cars keep racing than just pulling off for the leaders. But, last night that could have caused major problems due to the speed of the cars and the bumps in the track.
    Problem is most latemodel races pay the same from about tenth on back and with the cost of equipment its just not worth making the extra laps and chancing getting caught up in something unless you need practice or experience but to be fair if that's the case you probably shouldn't be in supers

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    At any rate... B Shepp is back and he beet the other Brandon
    Were they steamed, boiled or pickled beets? 🤓

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerWon View Post
    Were they steamed, boiled or pickled beets? 邏
    Sauteed. But ya might Pee purple 樂
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    That modified feature race between McKinney and Hoffman was flat out awesome!!
    Sure was. They were slicing and dicing each other the last few laps and putting on a show. Congrats to McKinney for beating one helluva hot racer in Hoffman. .......... Capped off a helluva night for the fans at Fairbury.