Default The should be hall of fame car builder

They can shut down the hall of fame if they don’t put this guy in there. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWyUNnzw2dI

AGREED !!!! The main thing holding him back is that the France family blackballed him because Smokey had the balls to stand up to them.
    Last edited by Raceready; 09-30-2020 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    AGREED !!!! The main thing holding him back is that the France family blackballed him because Smpkey had the balls to stand up to them.
    After the first ten or so great inductees it’s mostly political now.

Originally posted by Rajflyboy

They can shut down the hall of fame if they don’t put this guy in there. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWyUNnzw2dI
    I would completely agree. The fact that Smokey Yunick is not in the NASCAR hall of fame further diminishes the credibility of those who are granted the responsibility of choosing who is worthy of the honor. Smokey Yunick is most definitely worthy but his outspokenness, which was mostly the truth, and pressure that is most likely being exerted by the France family, may keep him out forever. The NASCAR HoF is a farce.

The NASCAR NoF lost much of it's credibility with most knowledgeable fans when arnhead was inducted with the first class of inductee's ahead of David Pearson. David Pearson's accomplishments clearly exceeded those of arnhead and arguably those of The King. Many feel that The Silver Fox was the best to ever strap in a Grand National/Winston Cup, etc., racecar. Put me in that category.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I would completely agree. The fact that Smokey Yunick is not in the NASCAR hall of fame further diminishes the credibility of those who are granted the responsibility of choosing who is worthy of the honor. Smokey Yunick is most definitely worthy but his outspokenness, which was mostly the truth, and pressure that is most likely being exerted by the France family, may keep him out forever. The NASCAR HoF is a farce.The NASCAR NoF lost much of it's credibility with most knowledgeable fans when arnhead was inducted with the first class of inductee's ahead of David Pearson. David Pearson's accomplishments clearly exceeded those of arnhead and arguably those of The King. Many feel that The Silver Fox was the best to ever strap in a Grand National/Winston Cup, etc., racecar. Put me in that category.
    Good points and I agree. If nothing else Pearson should have been added to first group and made it 6 people entered into hall in first year.

it may offend arnhead nation , but i agree with you 100% cirf , i would have loved to have seen what davey allison would have accomplished but was not meant to be , i think he would have pee,d right on DE,s accomplishments if he would have lived , any way , JMO....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    it may offend arnhead nation , but i agree with you 100% cirf , i would have loved to have seen what davey allison would have accomplished but was not meant to be , i think he would have pee,d right on DE,s accomplishments if he would have lived , any way , JMO....
    It's a known fact and has been documented many times that arnhead and the Childress #3 team repeatedly received very favorable treatment and rulings from NASCAR and more specifically from Billy France Jr. In the absence of that favorable treatment and without the tragic deaths of Tim Richmond, Allen Kulwicki and Davey Allison ol' arnhead most likely would not have 7 Cups or 76 victories and he dam sure wouldn't have the 1 lonely Daytona 500 winners trophy.

Don't know about you fastford but I kinda' enjoy offending arnhead nation, especially when I know what I'm talking about and in this case, I do! LOL!

Someone mentioned a few weeks ago to me...that he would loved to know how many things he truly believed happened that were actually contrived in some way by NASCAR.