FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 16, 2020

Dereck Ramirez Dominates USMTS at RPM Speedway
Deer Creek’s Featherlite Fall Jamboree Up Next

WOODWARD, Okla. (09/16/20) – Dereck Ramirez collected his sixth victory of the season Sunday with a wire-to-wire effort behind the wheel of his Ramirez Motorsports No. 4r Koda Services/ Boom-Test Well Service/ Raw Truck Wash/ Hughes Race Car/ Cornett Racing Engine Modified at RPM Speedway in Crandall, Texas.

Ramirez returned with the USMTS Friday night as the series kicked off a southern swing at Ark-La-Tex Speedway in Vivian, La. Drawing 42 cars for the eighth annual Cajun Clash, Ramirez jumped up one spot in his heat race to pick up the 8-lap victory. Losing two positions in the 40-lap feature, Dereck recorded a seventh-place outing.

On Saturday at Boothill Speedway in Greenwood, La. for the I-20 Showdown, Dereck started the night off with a heat race win, which positioned him eighth on the starting grid for the $3,000-to-win A-Main.

Passing six cars in the 40-lap affair, Ramirez notched a runner-up finish behind Rodney Sanders with Tanner Mullens, Zack VanderBeek, and Tyler Wolff completing the Top-5 finishers.

For the North Texas Nationals on Sunday at RPM Speedway, Ramirez secured his spot into the main event with a heat victory. Starting on the pole of the 40-lapper, Ramirez beat Jason Ingalls to the flagstand to lead the opening lap.

Utilizing the shortest way around the quarter-mile oval, Ramirez fought his way through lapped traffic and held off a charging Rodney Sanders for for the $2,500 victory. Sanders in second, Ingalls was third, with Jake Gallardo, and Jason Hughes rounding out the Top-5.

“I was just going to stay in my line,” Ramirez said. “I thought about going to the top and I was like ‘Man, I know it’s pretty clean down here and if I move up and get passed I’m going to be mad at myself.”

America’s marquee event for dirt modified racing takes place Friday and Saturday, September 25-26, when the Deer Creek Speedway in Spring Valley, Minn., hosts the 22nd Annual Featherlite Fall Jamboree. Shortened to just two days this year amid the Covid-19 pandemic, the mega-event will be the next-to-last points races for the USMTS.

Dereck is currently 179 markers behind Rodney Sanders in the latest USMTS point standings. Complete results from these events are available at www.USMTS.com.

Dereck Ramirez and Ramirez Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors and supporters including Boom-Test Well Service, Koda Services, Raw Truck Wash, Woodward Steel, Hughes Racing Chassis, Midwest Refrigeration, Cornett Racing Engines, Swift Springs, Woodward Steel, Sybesma Graphics, Afco Shocks, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Dereck Ramirez, please visit www.DereckRamirez.com .