Thread: Politics maybe?

Default Politics maybe?

Is it possible that WRG would Change the rules to suit a certain chassis builder rather than the others? Im not against the droop rule but why not let these guys run the tires they choose? Also, these cars are too darn wide. Get the bodies under control and allow an open tire rule and the racing will be better imo

WRG has one goal, put as many cars on the track as possible. I know people may think that they want to 'influence' who wins, but bottom line is it is a business and they need as many cars as they can get-which in turn brings in more fans; racetracks would want to book more events and so on and so on. Rules are put in place to make it a) more affordable or b) to make everyone feel that have a shot at running decent. I do personally agree that fixing the bodies and getting rid of as much of the 'aero' piece would be a great start. One of the issues you will see is having two 'national' series makes it difficult for one to make huge changes without fear the other will simply gather in all of the 'stars'.... Watched all of this happen back when Hav-a-Tampa moved out and the whole Stacker 2 thing tried and lost....Unfortunately racers tend to see things only for what works for them instead of the sport as a whole.

The droop rule has really only affected one guy who has no idea how to get around it. Everybody else figured it out pretty quickly and is running just fine.

The WoO’s tire rules adapt to whatever the locals are running and provide AR options, unless they are at a UMP track. Then they run the UMP rule.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I really dont think the zero knew the negative effect the droop would have on his cars. Id almost bet he never tested his cars under that rule and he is paying the price. No tire rule especially for the 100 lap races would definitely improve the racing. You just dont see the man who runs 12th for 60 laps make a charge for the win anymore. Comers and goers so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly304 View Post
    I really dont think the zero knew the negative effect the droop would have on his cars. Id almost bet he never tested his cars under that rule and he is paying the price. No tire rule especially for the 100 lap races would definitely improve the racing. You just dont see the man who runs 12th for 60 laps make a charge for the win anymore. Comers and goers so to speak
    Dale McDowell has been running an even more restrictive droop rule since Ray enacted it. He never had trouble adjusting. Is Scott too prideful to just ask Shane what they did?

Obviously.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Dale McDowell has been running an even more restrictive droop rule since Ray enacted it. He never had trouble adjusting. Is Scott too prideful to just ask Shane what they did?

Obviously.
    I think his main issue is still health. Though I agree it has affected him, though it’s hard to say, is it his health or the rules. Saying ya can’t really feel the gas would kinda hamper performance. Not trying to be a smarta$$.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post

Obviously.
    He's also been running the same sweet/Bloomquist cars since 2017. Fergy, Weiss, and McDowell are all in sweet/Bloomquist cars, and they've all remained to be competitive. You can't duplicate those cars if you can't get the jig they came off of.

Dale imo is off pace also. He broke his eldora top 10 streak this year and is in no way setting the world on fire. Wouldnt surprise anyone on this forum to see Dale in the warrior house ride sooner than later

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly304 View Post
    Dale imo is off pace also. He broke his eldora top 10 streak this year and is in no way setting the world on fire. Wouldnt surprise anyone on this forum to see Dale in the warrior house ride sooner than later
    Dale isn’t off the pace. Did you actually watch that race? He was running a strong second until something went wrong with the car.

Warrior house car😂

Oh you haters just wait and see what's in store for next year. No retirement just yet folks.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!