Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Maybe, just maybe, Essex is announcing for the fans in the STANDS and not those at home on the couch.
    Grumpy old dirt track fan. Anti-Sanction. Anti-Social. Anti-Media. Anti-SocialMedia. Anti-Climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by dgersh22 View Post
    The announcer needs to know where the camera is pointing. To many times last night they talked about the race for the lead and the camera was showing the battle for 3rd thru 6th. Made it pretty confusing and also how close the race actually was.
    The announcer calls the action, a guy in the truck (the director) is looking at multiple screens and tells each cameraman where to point the camera and picks the screen that best shows relevant action and chooses it to be broadcast.

Indeed, there was a helluva battle going on in the front that Essex was calling but the feed showed 4-5-6-7th place action. IMO just a bad day for Lucas Oil's production of a race.......... And I'd add this kind of production shows just how good Flo's production of the Intercontinental was.

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaf67 View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, Essex is announcing for the fans in the STANDS and not those at home on the couch.
    Hope not. Fans in the stands can't really hear him for one and unlike fans at home people in the stands can turn their heads and choose what to watch.

I couldn't hear the PA well at all. Even when there weren't cars on the track.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

the speakers there have always been bad. even if they were loud enough it is muffled. kind of like the speakers i hooked up to the 8-track player in my first car!
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard