Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NASCAR exploring the possibility of running dirt race at Bristol.

Per Adam Stern on Twitter

".@NASCAR, Speedway Motorsports and other industry stakeholders are discussing the possibility of running a dirt track race at Bristol in the coming years, per sources, though talks are in the early stages.

➖ @BMSupdates first did this with @WorldOfOutlaws in 2000 and 2001."

Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/130...132769280?s=19
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Man, this would be awesome. I wonder why they said in the coming years. In my opinion, they need to do this next year. Dirt racing is thriving and they would have a huge draw. It certainly would be more people than showed up to the Spring race last year (I was there).

I wonder if they could keep dirt on site, and use it for the spring race? The spring race has been rumored to be on the chopping block. The Next-Gen car is coming in 2022, and the new engine supposedly coming in 2023. Then again, maybe it won't be a NASCAR race.
    Last edited by Shiny Side Up 18; 09-18-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I thought bringing dirt into Bristol did not pay off when they did it years ago. I would like to see it though. With the lack of talent in the sport there will be a lot of race car building after the wreck fest that will surely ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Man, this would be awesome. I wonder why they said in the coming years. In my opinion, they need to do this next year. Dirt racing is thriving and they would have a huge draw. It certainly would be more people than showed up to the Spring race last year (I was there).
    Not saying it is the case here but there is alot of uncertainty still next year due to Covid-19 whether or not some say it'll be "over with" after the election. It's not just going to disappear after the election.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Nascar is dying!! Reaching for straws

Put the dirt on it and leave it there. Make it real hard for the NASCAR style cars, and like it was in 00-01 for the sprints and lates.

I was there in 2001, really enjoyed it. I think now they’d do just fine with dirt races. But in 00-01, they did not. And taking up the dirt was a PIA trying to not hurt the concrete. Though talk about a place hard on cars, they made special rules the second year for lates. Steel rims, solid axles, I dunno what else. First year they had 184 cars or something crazy, second year, when I went, 76 or so lol.

Just was very hard on cars. Though a great time. Loved it.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Exactly but if gets dirt on Bristol again that would be a good thing lol
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Doesn’t make any sense to me. Just build a dirt track or update a track that already exists. It’s not like NASCAR is packing stands anymore. Why go through the work of moving all the dirt in and out?
    Scott Kleindorfer

Must be feeling the heat from SRX already lol
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Wonder why they just don't try it at Charlotte dirt track??

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    NASCAR isn’t dying, people have been saying that for as long as I’ve been alive. It’s still here.

It has been on the decline. Go to Charlotte. Huge turn 2 grandstand is GONE

You are right they are still here. The thing you have to consider is that in 2024 their TV contracts expire. I would assume they start negotiating them a year or more before the expiration date. That being said with ratings down and most if not all Nascar races moved from Fox and NBC to Foxsports and NBCsports and even further moved to lower tier if a scheduling conflict comes up how much do you think those contracts will be worth? Certainly not the $5.8 Billion they received on the last contract. Dying no. Heading back to CMT (TNN) or another lower tier channel possible. Less exposure will lower revenue lessen sponsor interest and would complicate their current model enough to cause some very large problems for the sport.

Not sure where you been but TNN has changed handles 2-3 times since it was TNN.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

NASCAR isn’t dying and probably never will, but it’s trending in the wrong direction and that’s why they’re trying all this different stuff to reverse the trend.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

No kidding NeedforLMspeed? Are you telling me MTV no longer plays music? Next thing you are going to tell me is rich kids daddy's buy them racecar rides to drive because they couldn't get them on talent alone. No one is gonna believe that. /s Just using it as a example as how far down the cable tier they could go. Why you felt in that whole paragraph that the only thing worth commenting on was the (TNN) reference says more about you then me.

They can call it the “Prima Donna 100”

FreeBird

Heck they need to bring football back to Bristol motor speedway

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Heck they need to bring football back to Bristol motor speedway
    No they don’t... you can’t see anything when they did that before... my friend when to the Tennessee VA tech game and he said the fiend is so small in the middle that pretty much he paid 100 bucks to watch the big screen

But yes, continue posting your nonsense