Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    How is today different from 2016? There were 100 senators elected by the people then as well.
    Those 100 were elected into office to run things as they see fit. This ain’t 2016.

It would just be nice to see McConnell be consistent and principled for once in his life.
    Then why do you support the Democrat party? None of them have those qualities!!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Lurker, you're deflecting.
    Not at all, just being straightforward and undeviating from your McConnell statement. You said, “be consistent and principled for once in life” ---- then I posted a Leftwing comparative list of names.

Nothing deflective about the point I made.

Buford made the same point I made in his last posting, second sentence.

Whataboutism is a deflection tactic.

Whataboutism is a deflection tactic.
    You still don’t get how this all works.

The whole basis for your argument is a “Whataboutism”

--- McConnell said in 2016.
    2016 --- SMH!!!!!!
    Last edited by lurker; 09-20-2020 at 02:52 AM.

It would just be nice to see McConnell be consistent and principled for once in his life.
    Many of us say the same about you and your posts........the irony is strong
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I suppose you’ll be accused of deflecting too, but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I take it you don't want to address McConnell's statements in 2016 about nominating a new justice during an election year.

I take it you don't want to address McConnell's statements in 2016 about nominating a new justice during an election year.
    I’ll bite.

That’s’ an interesting comment from one of the three far leaning Liberal Leftist here on 4M.

I’ll see you one Mitch McConnell, and raise you one Barack Husssein Obama.

Here’s what your favorite past President had to say about the subject.

"When there is a vacancy on the Supreme Court, the President is to nominate someone. The Senate is to Consider that Nomination... There's no unwritten law that says that it can only be done on off years. That's not in the Constitutional text." - Barack Obama

Obama - "When There's a Vacancy, the President is to Nominate Someone and the Senate is to Consider" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkwQxQUJKks
    Last edited by lurker; 09-20-2020 at 01:28 PM.

I'm not talking about Obama. I'm talking about McConnell since he was the one who had the power to hold up the nomination in 2016 and he has the same power today. Stop deflecting.

politicians, both parties: consideration of right or wrong doesn't matter. only if you are on team red or team blue...

Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don’t do this in an election year.

2018, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.): “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait to the next election.”

2016, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.): “I don’t think we should be moving on a nominee in the last year of this president’s term - I would say that if it was a Republican president.”

2016, Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.): “The very balance of our nation’s highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the president and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people.”

2016, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa): “A lifetime appointment that could dramatically impact individual freedoms and change the direction of the court for at least a generation is too important to get bogged down in politics. The American people shouldn’t be denied a voice.”

2016, Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.): “The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the institution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president.”

2016, Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.): “In this election year, the American people will have an opportunity to have their say in the future direction of our country. For this reason, I believe the vacancy left open by Justice Antonin Scalia should not be filled until there is a new president.”

2016, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.): “The Senate should not confirm a new Supreme Court justice until we have a new president.”

2016, Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Col.): “I think we’re too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision.”

2016, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio): “I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations. This wouldn’t be unusual. It is common practice for the Senate to stop acting on lifetime appointments during the last year of a presidential term, and it’s been nearly 80 years since any president was permitted to immediately fill a vacancy that arose in a presidential election year.”

2016, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.): “I strongly agree that the American people should decide the future direction of the Supreme Court by their votes for president and the majority party in the U.S. Senate.”
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

At least one Republican senator has stepped up to show she has principles.

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/09...d-of-election/

Mcnugget recognizing principles, lol.......

so just because they all said that back in 2016 means your team has to do the exact same thing in 2020??

Thought y'all wanted to be all different and stuff.

I believe we are getting ready to see another saga of Tony and Ezekiel.....and your team probably won't like it.

I'm not talking about Obama. I'm talking about McConnell since he was the one who had the power to hold up the nomination in 2016 and he has the same power today. Stop deflecting.

You still don’t get it.

I can explain it to you, but I can’t make you understand it.

The irony in this too funny.

At least one Republican senator has stepped up to show she has principles.

https://www.alaskapublic.org/2020/09...d-of-election/
    "Elections have consequences".........Hmmmm, i wonder who said that!

Probly the one and only comment he ever made that had a thread of truth to it!

We knew it was the last year of the HNIC’s presidency .................. they isn’ so with THIS GREAT PRESIDENT ! And just like the LIBTARDS always do if they don” get their way .............change the rules ! This is scary for anyone that is why it is important to re elect TRUMP !

Remember when Obama re-nig'd on the backroom deal with the Republican leader. Obama got greedy and figured that he could get more? That right there set the standard, there is none....

Come on mcarter, you’re slipping by not calling out the last two posters for deflecting. SMH!!!!!!!!!