Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yes Roger picked up a new rig last year on the way home from the show-me (that didn’t happen because of the tornado). Clint’s old hauler has been at Rogers shop for awhile now.
    Also: Roger owns a drag racing team. He was involved with straight line racing before his involvement with dirt racing. Glad we have team/track owners like him in this sport!

Hey fox can we get some clarity on SSI lying to Hudson? I heard it was due to him being lazy

What was released to the press (for what that’s with) was SSI was getting out. Then they got back in with Ricky Thornton Jr. this year and are supposedly trying to develop their own Chasis.
    I have no dog in that fight- but if there was some type of problem with Hudson they should have said they were just parting ways.
    Just my thoughts & they are not worth 2 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by noitall93w View Post
    Hey fox can we get some clarity on SSI lying to Hudson? I heard it was due to him being lazy
    They said they were his team for life.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

And yes I do understand people have the rights to change their minds/regroup/ reconsider.
    Maybe SSI missed the racing after letting Hudfy go??

Similar to Best. Said they were cutting back to regional racing, Richards leaves for Boywer and then back on a national tour with Terbo not long after.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

To be fair, SSI has been part time ever since.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

SSI's part time this year was better than the full time with Hudson. Results talk BS walks.....

I don’t disagree with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    SSI's part time this year was better than the full time with Hudson. Results talk BS walks.....
    By what metric?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

That's a pretty bold statement
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Oh ffs, kid had 5 wins last year. You may not be a fan, but his results were impressive and his talent is undeniable.

I like Hudson. Heck, I like Buckingham and his reasons for leaving are absolutely respectable. If you’re not 100% committed and putting racing first, you’re doing everyone, including yourself, a disservice.

And I’m sure he’s realizing his kids are only going to be younger(not sure on ages), for just a little while longer. And then starting a family and going in their own direction.

I’m realizing that with my kids, 14&8, so I’m trying to vacation every year.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I liked Buckingham, clean racer, and nice guy. I wish him much success in life, with his endeavors.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Similar to Best. Said they were cutting back to regional racing, Richards leaves for Boywer and then back on a national tour with Terbo not long after.
    JMO, but I think they prolly would have done exactly what they said had Terbo not come along. Tyler seems to be more a 'partner' in that deal than just a hired driver. I think Tyler has sufficent backing, but by teaming up with BEST, neither team has to carry the full financial responsibility, Tyler also got a dang good crew chief to help him out. This type of deal doesn't always work out, but it seems to be a win/win for Tyler and BEST.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    By what metric?
    Quality finishes vs torn up equipment

Quality finishes vs torn up equipment
    Think I'm gonna need a list of parts and finishes. Hudson isn't known for tearing cars up. I guess it didn't count against SSI when Stapleton car went upside down with RTJ behind the wheel.

Don't forget to annualize it somehow, Hudson raced every week.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Think I'm gonna need a list of parts and finishes. Hudson isn't known for tearing cars up. I guess it didn't count against SSI when Stapleton car went upside down with RTJ behind the wheel.Don't forget to annualize it somehow, Hudson raced every week.
    I thought Hudson did very well in the ssi equipment especially considering he was touring. I don't think you can compare what rtj has done to what Hudson was doing fairly. Same owner but two very different sets of circumstances. I think the are both really impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    I thought Hudson did very well in the ssi equipment especially considering he was touring. I don't think you can compare what rtj has done to what Hudson was doing fairly. Same owner but two very different sets of circumstances. I think the are both really impressive
    I agree completely. It's easier to target certain shows instead of grind on tour. Both are guys I'd let drive a car of mine anytime.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Double Down will have an announcement this weekend or early next week.