Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Roger Sellers/Hudson O’Neal

Heard a spicy rumor that Roger Sellers is looking to keep his opperation going and the name that keeps popping up is him hiring Hudson O’Neal next year to drive the car Shannon Buckingham left...

In my eyes that would be a great decision by Mr Sellers!

Would be a nice upgrade for that team.

Sellers intends to continue racing and will be full time on the Lucas tour next season. Driver announcement coming very soon.

Hudson would be a great choice for the Sellers ride. I really hope that ride isn't going to Ricky Weiss. Ricky needs to stay on the WoO tour and continue to give Sheppy some competition... along with Cade Dillard. I would also like to see Overton & Strickler jump on the WoO tour in 2021! Lucas already has plenty of names on tour. It's best for racing when there is an even amount of talent across the top of each National Series. It helps race track promoters sell tickets to those events.

You guys mean that Buckingham didn't pause pursuit of the Lucas series to clean storm debris? You gotta be kidding me.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

MasterSbuilt Racer

You are always so positive with your post!
    Shannon is a super good guy- and wanted to pursue his other interest. Yes- hurricane recovery, a new tree service (with his son), hunting & fishing again. He wants to be a normal person with time to enjoy life in a different direction from racing. Please don’t knock him for that because he wouldn’t knock you for doing what he is doing!

Sometimes that happens when you find out you're just a mid pack guy and it doesn't become fun anymore. Even when you're spending someone else's money
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

Default Buckingham

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLMspeed View Post
    Sometimes that happens when you find out you're just a mid pack guy and it doesn't become fun anymore. Even when you're spending someone else's money
    No, sometimes that happens when you figure out that there is more to life than racing.

I'm not knocking anyone. I'm knocking the process of news that is never the news. I hope he finds the highest meaning in life.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by zer018 View Post
    No, sometimes that happens when you figure out that there is more to life than racing.
    Unless you race for a living like some.
    2020 race count:
    1/2 of an event

The touring life is a serious grind that offers almost no work/life balance. It definitely isn’t for everybody. It always seems so sexy in theory but people really don’t understand how brutal it is until they do it, and lots of people wash out pretty quickly.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'm not knocking anyone. I'm knocking the process of news that is never the news. I hope he finds the highest meaning in life.
    What news wasn't the news? He dropped off to tend to his new -ish business which is indeed very active in the storm clean up and recovery business.

Did I miss something?
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

MasterSbuilt Racer

Thank you for your clarification. I think the news (reasonings) you are referring to was out of respect of Shannon and Roger Sellers. Believe me-they both are first class people in every way. Yes Shannon did go to relief efforts and to my knowledge is presently in Louisiana working. He can make more money in 1 month than in 2 years racing. At his age and the opportunities before him- he needed to step away from racing. Although he loved it- he wasn’t making a decent amount of money. He wants to establish his businesses more and work side by side with his boys.
    Shannon is an avid outdoorsman- his father Tom raised him into hunting/fishing and he hasn’t gotten to do that very often since racing full time. He wants to spend quality time with his family on the lakes fishing & in the woods hunting.
    The time had come for him to make a life changing decision and kudos to him.
    Again Roger Sellers and Double Fown Motorsports are a first class organization and should be recognized as so! If it’s Hudson or whoever next year- Best of Luck!

Just wondering why Hudson would leave the ride that he is currently in with his girlfriend's parents owning the car. Talk about a relationship killer....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Just wondering why Hudson would leave the ride that he is currently in with his girlfriend's parents owning the car. Talk about a relationship killer....LOL
    It's not intended to be a full time ride

Dlmfan123

You are 100% correct. Hudson’s current gig was/is intended for him to keep racing and be in the eyes of potential owners while looking for a full time opportunity. He presently has 1 car, 1 engine and a small enclosed trailer and is doing very well with what he has. I think it speaks highly of him and his girlfriends parents to do what they are doing together. On the other hand: Double Down Motorsports (Roger Sellers) has the resources : first class shop, full time crew, a very large rotor home rig-( Clint Boyers rig that Don ONeil used & is a twin to the one Josh Richards team has).

Plus- Roger will not lie to Hudson like SSI Motorsports did! In my neck of the woods (East Tennessee) Roger is a very well respected/honest family man.
    Heck- we may be getting the cart before the horse on this pairing for now-but indications are leading in that direction.

Buckingham already hinted that it was going to be Hudson. The only way this doesn't happen is if Hudson turns down the offer.
    If you ain't fast, you're running last!

I forget, who else races for Roger Sellers?

Roger had just gotten a brand new rig mid season last year. As of about mid april Clint still had both rigs

His son-in-law Robby Moses. Robby only races part time local shows (sometimes ventures out) because he has a very good job in Oak Ridge at the nucleur weapons plant. He can’t travel because of his work. He and his wife Casey have a young son & Casey is the general manager for Smoky Mountain Speedway that Roger owns. Don’t mean to sound like a broken record- but these are all “good people.”