Default Left rear bar angles

My chassis builder has me at 48 degrees left upper bar angle,35 degree left lower bar,with the car in the air and 8 inches of j bar split with the pinion 1/2' above center with car on the ground...my issue is the car is free through the whole corner when the track is patchy or dirty but a rocket ship when the track is is black and cleaned off...I believe the j bar split and lower bar angle is too much for the middle of the night and he insists on keeping those angles in the car to help the center and too adjust my driving..anyone's thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by brett4 View Post
    My chassis builder has me at 48 degrees left upper bar angle,35 degree left lower bar,with the car in the air and 8 inches of j bar split with the pinion 1/2' above center with car on the ground...my issue is the car is free through the whole corner when the track is patchy or dirty but a rocket ship when the track is is black and cleaned off...I believe the j bar split and lower bar angle is too much for the middle of the night and he insists on keeping those angles in the car to help the center and too adjust my driving..anyone's thoughts
    Assumption on my part but think I'm right ---- Can you verify this: You drive pretty straight (straighter then most) and will very little wheel spin?

If so, it's likely driving style combined with the set up for the clean slick tracks on the crummy, dirty or spotty tracks

correct my driver drives very straight

Quote Originally Posted by brett4 View Post
    correct my driver drives very straight
    On crumbles or real dirty tracks the car needs to be tighter and driven more crooked, if you drive straight you will fight sliding the RF and making the car tight and be inconsistent especially on entry.

You can always tighten the car some, but like I said with driving super straight on that stuff the car will likely become too inconsistent as one time it slides the RF (in crumbles) and gets super tight and next time it doesn't. So you have to find a balance on how he's gonna drive or adapt and how tight you can make the car for him before problems show up if he still drives straight.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 09-21-2020 at 07:22 PM.