Default Dirt Monthly Magazine

Does anyone have any scuttlebutt on the status of the magazine? They went to a free online version for 6 months because of Covid-19, but were supposedly going back to a print version with the August issue. Last time I checked, the last free on line version was the July issue... I have enjoyed the magazine over the years and miss getting it in my mailbox each month.

Sad songs and Waltzes as well as Monthly Magazines aren't selling this year.

Not one to read magazines online

I am wondering what is going on with the hard copy of the magazine. Surely , there must be racing parts companies and racing related advertisers willing to pay for adds in Dirt Monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I am wondering what is going on with the hard copy of the magazine. Surely , there must be racing parts companies and racing related advertisers willing to pay for adds in Dirt Monthly.
    Many are willing to pay for that space until the actual bill comes in...

Quote Originally Posted by JimBo View Post
    Sad songs and Waltzes as well as Monthly Magazines aren't selling this year.
    I just want to give you a shoutout for this post. Well played lol.

P.S. - Keith Whitley is Top 5 greatest ever country voice. Right up there with George, Merle and Hank.

guys guys just take that lap top or tablet to the toilet samething. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post

P.S. - Keith Whitley is Top 5 greatest ever country voice. Right up there with George, Merle and Hank.
    Thanks TerryM lol. I saw Merle Haggard when I was a teenager with Barbra Mandrell. My buddies and i were the only long hair hippy types in the house lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post

Surely you're referring to Jones.............Strait's ok, but not a legend!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Surely you're referring to Jones.............Strait's ok, but not a legend!
    George Strait is a legend, but when I say “George”, I’m definitely referring to Jones. Burrhead, Possum, No Show, whatever you want to call him ... there’s only one George.

Cool

Fact, only ONE Possum.

Back to the Top: I am assuming the magazine is out of business? I don't even care about losing my subscription money, but it would be nice to get some sort of communication from the Publishers on what is going on. There were a lot of loyal subscribers over the years with either Dirt Late Model, Dirt Modified or Flat Out who deserve an explanation.

They sent out an email to contributors a couple of weeks ago saying they are working on the latest issue (playing catch up). Past that, no one knows what's going on.

Thank you for the information

Ever since they had a staff member that passed away last year the magazine has been struggling

George Strait is a legend, but when I say “George”, I’m definitely referring to Jones. Burrhead, Possum, No Show, whatever you want to call him ... there’s only one George.

No disrespect for Straight but i prefer the Possum!

But its crazy to think Straight has the most #1's(60) of all music singers and Conway is #3(55)!

I am a subscriber and I have not heard anything from DMM for months. You would think there would be plenty of people who could write articles about racing to easily fill a monthly magazine. With people staying home due to Covid -19 , I would think there would be a need for stories about racers and their cars. Maybe DMM should find a racing enterprise to buy the magazine to help support the racing industry and promote racing.