FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 23, 2020

Alberson Bags $10,000 in Sycamore Harvest 50 Triumph
Lucas Oil MLRA Fall Nationals Up Next

SHREVEPORT, La. (09/23/20) – Garrett Alberson scored the biggest win of his career on Saturday night in the Ken & Beth Roberts-owned No. 59 Bader Construction/ Capri College/ Black Diamond Chassis Late Model.

The 31-year-old took the lead with three laps remaining to claim the $10,000 top prize in the “Harvest 50” at Sycamore Speedway in Maple Park, Ill.

Garrett traveled to Peoria (Ill.) Speedway Friday for the Ryan Barker Memorial. In a field of 36 cars on Friday, Alberson made contact with the wall in his qualifying session before placing third in his heat. With $3,000 on the line in the feature, Garrett posted an 11th place outing in the 40-lap affair.

Shifting to Sycamore Speedway on Saturday, Alberson followed up the sixth fastest time overall in qualifying with a runner-up finish in his heat. Alberson took the lead from Ryan Unzicker with 10 laps remaining, but Unzicker battled back to reclaim the top spot.

The duo swapped the position once again before Alberson grabbed the lead for good with three to go as they battled lapped traffic. Garrett soared to his second win of the season over Unzicker, Jason Feger, Dennis Erb Jr., and Mitch McGrath.

“I knew right away that I had a good car,” Alberson said. “The car just had good grip, good movement. I’ve been so close so many times. I’ve led $10,000-to-wins before (and) bad stuff happen, break, or give ‘em up. For some reason I just felt like tonight was the night we just got something good done. The car was awesome.”

Full results from these events are available at www.PeoriaSpeedway.com, and www.SycamoreSpeedway.com.

The team now shifts their focus to the 7th Annual Fall Nationals at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo., October 9-10. The Lucas Oil Midwest Late Model Racing Association (MLRA) event will see a $3,000 winner’s check on Friday and a $5,000 top prize on Saturday.

Garrett is sixth in the current MLRA point standings. For more information about these events, please visit www.MLRARacing.com.

Garrett Alberson and Roberts Motorsports would like to thank their marketing partners, which include A&E Freight Service, Nutrien Ag Solutions, Dish Premier & Google Nest Powered by Done Right TV & Security Solutions, Advance Racing Suspensions, Swift Springs, Capri College, Fast Shafts, VP Racing Fuels, PEM Racing Gears, Roemer Machine & Welding, Dirty Slot Cars, Performance Bodies, Stuckey Enterprises, Sling Studios, Proxair, Penske Racing Shocks, Preston Telephone Co., Bader Construction, UAW, Roberts Custom Software, Chase Wraps, QuickCar Racing Products, Lucas Oil Products, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information about Garrett Alberson, please visit www.GarrettAlberson.com.