FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 23, 2020

Matt Cosner Scores First-Career Ultimate NE Win
$5,000-To-Win at Clinton County Next

RIDGELEY, W.Va. (09/23/20) – Matt Cosner went to Victory Lane for the first time in 2020 Saturday night in his Nelson Auto Sales No. 66c R.H. Lapp Mechanical Contractors/ Rocket Chassis/ Hershey’s Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Cosner’s maiden voyage to the winner’s circle this season came at Pennsylvania’s Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex. He led flag-to-flag to earn $3,000 for his first-career Ultimate Northeast Super Late Model Series victory.

"The car was really good. I drove like crap the last 10 laps and knew my gap was getting smaller," Cosner said. "I saw Mason's nose there with two (laps) to go, but luckily, that lapped car, I was able to slide (past) him which left me some room."

Taking part in the Ultimate Northeast Super Late Model Series doubleheader weekend, Matt Cosner traveled to Greater Cumberland (Md.) Raceway on Saturday evening for the “Queen City 50.”

Matt secured his spot into the $3,000-to-win A-Main with a runner-up finish in his heat behind Dave Troutman. Rolling off fourth, Cosner clawed forward one spot in the 30-lapper to place third behind Ryan Montgomery and Mason Zeigler. Bryan Bernheisel and Mike Lupfer completed the Top-5 finishers.

On Sunday afternoon, Cosner headed to Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex in Markleysburg, Pa. for the “King of the Knob.” Matt scored a second-place finish in his heat behind Jared Miley, which positioned him on the pole for the feature.

After setting a comfortable pace for the first 25 laps, Cosner survived a late-race slider from Mason Zeigler to secure his first win of the season over Zeiger, Jared Miley, Mike Pegher Jr., and Colten Burdette.

For full results from these events, please visit www.UltimateSupers.com.

Next on the docket at for Matt Cosner is an unsanctioned $5,000-to-win program at Clinton County Speedway in Mill Hall, Pa. on Saturday, October 3. From there, he’ll return to the Greater Cumberland Raceway on Saturday, October 10 for a Zimmer’s United Late Model Series event that boasts a $3,000 top prize.

To learn more about these upcoming events, please visit www.ClintonCountySpeedway.com and www.ULMSRacing.com.

Matt Cosner would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which included Nelson Auto Sales, Global Truck Outfitters Line-X, R.H. Lapp Mechanical Contractors, Mighty Auto Parts, Royal Purple Synthetic Oil, Phase 2 Wrap Materials, Rocket Chassis, Kenny Pettyjohn Racing, Integra Racing Shocks, TC Race Cars, Daugherty Motorsports, Orange Fatkat Media, Hershey’s Racing Engines and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Matt Cosner, keep your browser pointed to the team website at www.MattCosner.com as well as their social media on Facebook and Twitter @MCR66c and Instagram @MattCosnerRacing.