Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That would be funny in UMP land, they dont look at anything LOL, sad really. Although we did miss a heat race due to putting a 30 on the RR, so there is hope !! dumb mistake, but we got caught !

I'm not gonna try anything funky yet, just gonna get the front end set and try to get it to turn in a little sharper. Then maybe, but we got a ways to go.

Castor RF 6*, LF 2* (he likes it to pull him in), Toe was at 5/8s, will recheck, and camber about 6 on both side, positive on the LF of course. I need to check bumpsteer, but that will be a winter project.

I did notice today that it does not have the raised +.5 inch lower ball joint studs. What does this help with? should move the RC up, if you maintain the same shock length, but will lower the engine relative to ride height, and im not sure i want to do that. We have a sled up front, little M 23* 430.
    Last edited by Kromulous; 09-27-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Just say no...

I'll keep a look out on the toe and the XR1s MBR !!

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post

I did notice today that it does not have the raised +.5 inch lower ball joint studs. What does this help with? should move the RC up, if you maintain the same shock length, but will lower the engine relative to ride height, and im not sure i want to do that. We have a sled up front, little M 23* 430.
    I'm not a super duper vehicle dynamics guy, but it seems to help our car get on the RF a bit better, we still measure ride height off the AArm bolt, so when it is dropped with the LBJ we get to add free preload (load) to the RF. Going back and forth we didnt see any real difference in shock travel, just seems to drive a bit better for us.

I would say its like anything in racing it something worth a try sometime when you have things apart. We use the Howe ones so they are easy to change

Outlaw4j, you guys on a bump stop deal? Yeah we got the Howe ones too, i will order some xtra studs.

Just say no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Outlaw4j, you guys on a bump stop deal?
    we are not

Howe studs are soft. qa1 are much better Ive had them bent 90 degrees multiple times and finished races. Howe snapped on me and cost me some races....

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Howe studs are soft. qa1 are much better Ive had them bent 90 degrees multiple times and finished races. Howe snapped on me and cost me some races....
    Soft steel bends. Hard steel breaks. Just an fyi, from a person who spent most of their life in material sciences.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1